29. Hopefully

2/19 continued.

Henry and I slowly walked to his house; our fingers intertwined together. Even though I knew this sucked, I really wanted to see how Piper would react.

We reached his house and tried to open the door but it was locked. Henry knocked on the door and it swung open. “FOR THE LAST TIME, MY SON IS NOT HERE!” Mrs. Hart yells. She then realizes that it’s us and apologizes. “I’m so sorry guys, reporters and a bunch of girls have been trying to break in to see you. And if you already knew, Piper is gonna scream herself to death in her room.”

That’s when we hear the loudest scream I’ve ever heard. I giggle a little but Henry looks at me with a murderous stare. “Sorry”, I cough.

Mr. Hart and Piper run down the stairs and to the front door where we were talking. Piper goes up to Henry and punches him in the stomach making him fall to the ground. He groans.

“What was that for?” Henry grunts.

“For letting me have a crush on my BROTHER!” Piper screams.

“Technically you had a crush on Kid Danger”, I butt in.

“Was I talking to you AUBREE?” Piper screams again.

“Piper, go to your room. Your father and I need to talk to Henry alone”, Mrs. Hart says. Piper grunts and stomps up the stairs. I help Henry up and we start to walk inside but Mrs. Hart stops me. “Aubree, I think it’s best if you go home.”

“Oh…okay”, I frown.

“I’m sorry”, Mrs. Hart smiles and closes the door on my face. I take a deep breath and walk home.

~Henry’s Point of View~

I sit down on the couch with my mom and dad as they stare at me. “So…are we gonna talk or are you just gonna stare at me?” I say nervously.

“How did we never realize?” mom says to dad as dad shrugs.

“Maybe because you never pay enough attention to me”, I say.

“Henry Hart!” dad says raising his voice.

“Why didn’t you ever tell us?” mom says.

“I wasn’t allowed to and I know that you wouldn’t approve of it.”

“Your god dame right” dad says.

“See, I knew that if I told – even though I wasn’t allowed to anyway – you would act like this!”

“I’m sorry Henry, but you’re gonna have to quit”, mom says.

“Okay, I will”, I say knowing that soon all of their minds should be erased and they would never remember that I am Kid Danger.

“Oh, wow…that was easy”, dad says.

“Can I go to my room now? I really just want to sleep”, I say yawning.

“Yeah…I guess”, mom says.

“Thank you”, I say. I get up from the couch and walk up the stairs. I walk past Piper’s room and hear yelling and things ripping. I knock on the door and hear the yelling stop. She swings the door open and grunts.

“What do you want?” Piper yells.

“Are you okay?” I say smiling.

“I am NOT OKAY!” she yells, “I just found out my brother is Kid Danger!”

“Is it that bad?” I say looking into her room. All her Kid Danger posters are ripped and on the ground in shreds. “Why did you rip all your posters?”