Chapter 5: "Priority: Novea Castle"

--Coda Village--

Life in a village starts early before the sun even comes up, the men are getting ready for a day at the fields and the women are either checking their family's livestock, helping their husbands, fathers, and sons get ready for the day or taking care of their kids. The sound of farming equipment, livestock, wooden carts, and people makes the village feels lively but peaceful at the same time.

The 5th SIF soldiers who are not on lookout duty are having their breakfast around the vehicles just outside of the main entrance of the village. They use light sticks as a light source because the sky is still dark. While everyone enjoying their favorite breakfast made by the replicators, Ava is sitting in the front passenger seat of the command APC looking at the holographic map with Ashley standing next to her planning their next route.

"Look at this, at first it's just an ordinary old castle. Last night, the drone passed through it again and detected smoke a very faint sign of electricity" Ava speaks while the map zooms in on a large but old castle in the middle of nowhere near their location.

"As far as we know this world has not discovered electricity yet" Ashley looks at Ava "This is abnormal commander".

Ava tabs the castle as a blue dot appears at the castle location marking it as a destination "Exactly LC, that's why we are going there to check it out" Ava replies.

"Roger that commander, I'll go brief the men" Ashley salutes as Ava nods, and then she leaves to inform everyone of their mission for today.

Ava steps out of the APC and stands looking out to an open field. The sun is now peeking over the horizon shining its rays of light through morning fog onto the field. There are villagers working on the field or unpacking their equipment and getting ready to work, the entire scene is as peaceful and beautiful as a painting.

Jimmy holding the boy's hand leading him toward Ava, greets Ashley as they walk by each other. Seeing the boy is well and on his feet, Ava feels happy for him.

"This is Commander Ava, she is our leader" Jimmy introduces Ava to the boy.

"Hello there little guy, how are you doing?" with a smile Ava greeted the boy and kneel down to his eve level.

"He is shy commander, he barely speaks to anyone since he got up" Jimmy holding the boy's shoulders to show him he is safe.

"You are safe now, I will protect you, all of us will protect you and take you somewhere safe so don't you worry ok?" Ave looks at the boy in the eyes and tries to be as friendly as possible "My name is Ava, what is your name?"

"My name is Lucas, my dominus" Lucas bow at Ava.

"Dominus?...Oh, you don't need to call me that. You are a free boy now, I am not your master you can call me Ava" taken by surprise because the boy called her dominus (this is how ancient slave address their master in Rome), Ava puts on a smile and holds out the boy's hand "I'm here to help you".

"Why? Why are you helping me?" still shy and not trusting Ava, the boy is confused.

"Because you need help that is a good enough reason for us" understands the boy's position, Ava puts on a smile and continues "Now let get you something to eat then we'll be on our way ok?".

--Troop assembly yard, South Gate, Sadera--

In perfect formation is 2000 Rose Order Knights on armored horses waiting for the arrival of their leader. Usually used as a ceremonial force and consisting of only noble class warriors, the knight armors and horses are very well cared for and professionally displayed. The people of Sadera gather to see one of their most elite forces, made believe through propaganda march out to meet them, probably, the greatest enemy of their time. More importantly, to see their beloved princess Pina on her first quest.