Chapter 11: "Priority: Diplomacy"

--Main keep, Italica--

Pina is standing in the main hall looking out of a grand window she can see almost the entire city. The flying beasts flying in and out of the city, some smaller ones patrolling. They are faster and more agile than even the most well-trained wyvern, her mind is trying to figure out how these metal 'things' that the UNE call gunships and dropships work. Why are they called "ship" anyway, they're obviously flying in the air.

She looks up and sees this massive flying fortress almost as big as Italica itself. Did they build this flying fortress? Did the gods give it to them? How many do they have? What is it made of and how does it work? These are the questions keeping appearing in Pina's head without any answer.

"What am I going to do?" Pina says.

"Huh?" Myui asks.

Myui Formal is the 3rd child of Count Formal. Her 2 sisters were married to the sons of other noble families and went with their husbands. With the fate of Count Formal unknown and the 2 sisters away, Myui despite her very young age of 16 have to take the responsibility of a city's governor according to the tradition and law.

"I'm helpless against them, there is nothing I can do. I can't protect you" Pina rambles, speaking fast and a little panic "They have...those...things made of metal and...and they just flew over the wall and killed every bandit just like that. They don't even use the gate, they just fly over it and drop of soldiers, then there's...that thing! What is it even?" Pina points at the Bastion.

"But the city is safe now" Myui replies.

"Is it? Young lady" Pina says, she looks out the window again and continues "is it?".

"They are not killing or robbing us, that's a good sign" Myui says.

"They are probably trying to gain support from the peasants, but I am royalty and you are a noblewoman, my knights. We're gonna be their slaves, maybe gifts to their generals and noble houses" Pina is desperated of the situation.

"You are royalty, your Highness, maybe they'll make you a wife of royalty of theirs. Maybe it won't be so bad Princess" Hamilton says.

"Maybe, but we are so below them. They might just put me with the lowly whores" Pina says.

"I can't believe it is over. Our first quest, our first battle and we lost" Hamilton's tears start dropping.

Myui walks to the window and stands next to Pina. She looks down to the keep's square and see UNE soldiers are treating wounded civilians, knights and legionaries alike. Further away, rubbles and ruins are being cleared by small flying creatures with more UNE soldiers. The people seem to appreciate these strangers.

"They seem friendly, maybe they're not that bad" Myui says.

"Anyway, we wanted to go to war and this is the reality of war. We have lost and we must accept our fate" Pina says taking a deep breath.

The basics of war in Falmart is the victor takes all and the conquered have no other choice to submit. The Empire has been conquering lands for hundreds of years, men were taken to work in the mines or become household slaves if they are lucky. The women become slaves of the legionaries and generals, noblewomen were brought back to Sadera and were gifted to highly decorated generals, noblemen to be used as they please. The most unlucky ones, however, are picked by Prince Zoral.

Zoral is the first son of the Emperor and the one responsible for the destruction of the Bunny Kingdom. He led a campaign to conquer the land and hunted the Bunny people to almost extinction.

As she is thinking of the things that may happen to her and her knights, a bunny maid named Mamina enters the hall.

"Your Highness, my lady, Knight Grey and the other worlders are here" Mamina says as she holds the door open.