Chapter 33: "Priority: Southward"

--World building fact--

The Federation of Planets was formed by  4 founding species before Earth developed FTL technology. In the beginning, they were just 4 planets that had the capability to communicate with each other through the vastness of space but they did not have the technology to build ships to travel between the stars. When they made first contact with each other via these communication channels, they decided to form a Trading Treaty of Planets. Through this treaty, the planets shared technology with each other to improve their relay satellites. Communication that would take many years to reach the destination, is eventually, reduced to months, weeks and days. Their scientists worked together to further advance their technology and, in a breakthrough, they invented an FTL engine. The technology was made available to all 4 planets and they began to build ships that could finally reach the home planet of their friends.

While the ships were being built, the leaders of these planets gathered in a diplomatic talk and decided that there might be threatening civilization out there and they must band together. It marked the foundation of the Alliance of Planets, which later changed to the Federation of Planets when the governments of these planets united to form a single governing body.

When the Federation encountered the UNE, their technology was far superior to that of the Federation. Before the UNE, all species that they discovered were either inferior or roughly equal to them in terms of technology. A series of diplomatic missions were made to establish relations with this new power. When a relationship was formed, the UNE expressed an interest to join the Federation but was refused. The UNE at this point was in the middle of a war against the Turian Hierarchy and the Federation did not wish to be dragged into the war and insisted that only when peace was made that the UNE would be considered for membership. However, when the war ended and a series of diplomatic dramas with the Citadel Council happened, humanity decided that it would be better on its own than to trust aliens and retracted all applications.

--Minerva Temple, Rondel--

Rondel, although not as big as Sadera, has more than just Minerva Temple. They have a temple for every major god across the city. However, as Rondel is a city of knowledge, Minerva has the majority of the worshipers and her temple is the biggest of all. When the apostles arrive in every city, they will stay in the temple of the god that they are representing.

While the SIFs are celebrating Lelei's success with the test, Rory returns from the Emroy temple near Rondel and heads straight to find Kaian. Ava informed her about the mission and asked her to join them after she talked with Kaian.

"What did you find?" Kaian asks while not looking at Rory who is walking in.

"Nothing, the whole temple died from the plague before I got there. The sicks went there to pray and spread it" Rory replies.

"What about your friends, will they help us?" Kaian asks.

"Yes, the commander just informed me that they've been authorized to travel to the Valley of the Gods" Rory says then she walks next to him and then continues "We're traveling with them on their floating wagons tomorrow".

"Wagons? Don't they have those flying beasts that could travel much faster?" Kaian asks.

"These people work with their own logic and law, they've agreed to help us then we'll take what they offer" Rory replies.

Kaian just stands there looking at Rory in silence for s moment then he asks her "Why are you working for them?".

"With them" Rory interrupts him.

He doesn't seem to care about Rory's correction and continues "Is it because Emroy is the god of war and these people are the most powerful force?".

Rory giggles and then replies "Boy, boy look at you, you're just an apostle for only a few dozen years and you're talking like you know it all. Emroy is the god of war, yes, but war is her tool of balance" she holds out her halberd with 1 hand and let it sit balanced "You see, through war and chaos the god ensure there's balance and order. For a time, the Empire was the only force capable of waging war across Falmart and uniting it. However, over time they got corrupted, their men raped and kill innocent people, their armies razed and sacked peaceful villages and cities. They committed genocides and mass murder and the list goes on. So, Emroy, agreed by most other gods, opened the gate and brought these people here to do what the Empire was supposed to do. Bring order, through war".