The Forest of Dreams

"Am I not your daughter?"

The simple question made everyone at the table freeze. Niklaus looked down in shame, as Elijah and Finn looked at each other. Disbelief was clear on Rebekah's and Kol's faces while Henrik remained clueless about the situation at hand.

"Of course you're our daughter,"

The lie was almost believable.

She wished she had believed Esther's beautiful lie, for it would make her life so much simpler.

"Do not lie to me," Elena's words sounded as if it had been more of a demand than a plea.

"Elena," Mikael's voice came out slow and soft, it was as if he was speaking to a frightened animal.

Elena shook her head as she stood up.

"So it is true? I am not your daughter,"

The silence was the only answer she needed. Without another word she ran. She didn't know where she was going, but she needed to get away from there. She couldn't bear the thought of not being a part of the family, her life had been a lie.

It had all been a lie.

Was Elena even her real name?

She knew nothing of her real life.

She stops as she realizes where her legs had taken her, it was the forest from her dream. She sits up against a tree, unable to stand any longer. Her emotions were all over the place, she couldn't control them. She wanted to scream, to rip something apart, but she couldn't. All she could do was sit against the tree and cry.

She's unsure of how much time had passed by the time she lifts her head up.

"I take it you wish to know of the past?" A voice asks, startling her in the process.

It was the same boy who had appeared in her dream. Elena watched as he made his way in front of her and held his hand out.

"I can help you if that is what you desire,"

Elena didn't respond. She doesn't know what she wants.

"It's okay to be confused," the boy tells her with a sigh.

He moves his hand away from her before turning around.

"Wait," She calls out, her words sounding like a desperate plea.

She wonders if he heard her, for a moment it seemed as if he hadn't. He turns around to look at her.

"Elliana, is that my..."

Elena's words die in her mouth as she sees the boy smile.

Perhaps if she hadn't been in such an emotional state she would've seen the darkness that hid behind the boy's smile.

"Yes," The boy answers.

A rustle in the woods causes her head to turn, in the distance, she could see Niklaus making his way towards her. She turned back to look at the boy, but he was gone.