Secrets and Confessions

Elena sat on her bed writing in a medium-sized grimoire that had been bound in leather when Kol walked into the room.

"You made Rebekah cry,"

Kol's steps falter when his eyes land on the grimoire that was in Elena's lap.

"Elena?"

When he doesn't get a response he quickly grabs the grimoire from Elena's lap.

"Hey!"

Elena quickly grabs the grimoire back before giving Kol the look. She had picked it up from Lilith, it was Lilith's way of showing her disapproval. Whenever someone disappointed Lilith, which happened often, she would always turn to Elena and give her a secret look. Of course the person it's directed at never notices or just doesn't mention it. After all, Lilith was the village's sweetheart.

"You practice magic?"

Elena looks down at the grimoire and back at Kol.

"Yes, but that is not what I was doing,"

"And what were you doing?"

"Writing,"

"You sound like Elijah when he attempted to teach us how to write,"

Elena erupted in laughter, and momentarily Kol joined in.

"I didn't know you could do magic,"

Elena nods at him.

"Ayana teaches me,"

"I learned from mother's grimoires,"

"You practice magic?"

Kol laughs in response.

"Let's keep this a secret,"

"You do not want the others to find out?"

"Not yet,"

When it looked like Elena was about to question him he quickly spoke up.

"What were you writing about?"

"That is a secret,"

"Fair enough,"

Kol sighs and looks at Elena. She had on a red apron that was placed on top of her white tunic dress, her curly brunette hair was down, and her posture was proper.

"You've changed,"

Elena pauses before tilting her head at him.

"What are you talking about Kol?"

"Anyone can see it, Elena. You dress differently, you are barely around, and it is no secret that you have been sneaking out at night with father to hunt. Rebekah has been crying her eyes out because she has made herself believe that you dislike her. The only time we get to see you is during the day of the full moon, and even that isn't enough!"

Elena only sits there stunned.

Kol was never one to explode on people this way.