Quirkless, Indeed

Five years ago (Experimentation; Service year #2)

Pain envelops his sense, an excruciating, endless burning feeling throughout his whole body. His limbs seize up, growing rigid under the voltage they were being subjected to. "W-why are you d-doing this?" He coughs out through gritted teeth, lungs protesting with every word he utters out. He just wanted to go home, wanted to see his mom, see Kacchan again.

The burning and prickling pain doesn't stop for what feels like hours, but can't have been more than a few minutes at most. "P-please you d-don't have to k-keep doing this." He huffs, his breathing coming out as harsh heaves when the electricity surging through the metal links on his arms subsides. "It's not g-going to w-work."

"Oh, dear child, that's where you're wrong." Izuku never knew the scientist's real name. When they first brought him into this hell hole a year ago, or at least he thinks it's been a year- It feels like it's been so much more- The man introduced himself as the 'Doctor' and nothing more. "The human body can only take so much before it breaks." Smiling sweetly, the doctor moves to the control panel on the other side of the room. Hands reaching for the voltage panel. "Or in your case, evolve."

The current pulses through his body once more, after that. Searing pain igniting his nerve with an inconsolable ache, his hands straining against the cuffs, scrapping themselves raw as his body convulses and quakes under the torment.

"It's only a matter of time."

______________________________

The classroom door looms over him as he walks up to it, his eyes taking in the sheer size of the thing. His mind noting that it's probably meant for the comfortable use of the transformation quirked students. His steps don't falter though, as he pushes it open and makes his way into Class 1-C homeroom.

Izuku supposes a childish part of him would've felt giddy at being here. An official student of Yuei academy. Yet, all he feels is a strange sense of neutrality that he never understood.

He's early so not many students have arrived yet. Finding the seat near the window, at the back of the class empty, he walks towards it. He must make a strange picture if the way his classmates stare at him is of any indication. His back is straight, almost rigid as he sits there, used to always being at the ready.

With each minute that passes more students trickle into the room, finding their respective seats, some of them forming small groups, introducing themselves, and discussing whatever teenagers discussed he supposed.

The purple-haired boy from the entrance exam takes a seat in front of him. Body turning, mouth opening as if to say something. However, before actual words come out of the boy's mouth, the classroom door opens a final time, Present mic walks in a second later.

His entrance elicits an instant reaction form the students. Some of them even scrambling to get to their places. Present Mic doesn't shout in greeting like you'd expect him to, instead he just walks up to his desk and smiles brightly at them. "Hey there, little listeners! I'm Present Mic but my students call me Mic-Sensei! I'll be your homeroom teacher for the next three years!"

________________________________

Five years ago (Experimentation; Service year #2)

"Do you expect this trial to succeed?" The General looks at the scene before him with unsettling calm. "This method hasn't shown fruitful results in the past." His eyes rake over the starved figure huddled in the corner of the room. The child's body is covered in dirt, bruised and beaten, his frail arms hug his legs to his chest, making him seem even smaller than he already is.