Target hit

The wind whistled harshly in his ears, making it hard to hear Axel's voice as they crouched behind a ledge. The roof they were on was one of the highest in the neighborhood, a perfect spot for them to hunker down and prepare for the upcoming task.

The screen in his grip was cold, blue light shining brightly in the darkness that surrounded them. Arctic's gloved fingers drummed once against its sleek surface as he contemplated the information he'd just been given. "Do you understand your objective?" The Colonel asked seriously, his eyes searing into Arctic's helmet, as though if he tried hard enough he would be able to look right through the tinted lens and search for sincerity in his gaze.

"Yes, Sir." Hands came down to snatch the device from his hold, movement rough and aggressive. He let the screen go without much resistance, having expected something like that to happen.

"In these files here," Axel pointed at the documents Arctic had just been scanning through. "We compiled some of the most recent evidence the SI department gathered." He scrolled down the page with practiced movements. "As you can see, some of the footage they took is grainy at best, so we couldn't identify in detail what was happening." He clicked the tablet off, stuffing it into one of his many pouches strapped to his duffle bag. "That's where you come in."

Taking out some rolled-up papers from his bag, he laid out the biggest one between them. A map, Arctic concluded as he looked at the blueprints stretched out before him. Thin white lines spread on the blue parchment to create an intricate web of information and special indication. Closing his eyes, as if stepping into the place himself, he pictured the building's floorplan, floor after floor, room after room, fully laid out in his mind's eyes.

Axel remained silent as he let the soldier process the information on his own, having gotten used to that particular ritual by now. His face was twisted into a sneer, mouth opening, and closing as if growing more impatient by the second.

"Are you done?" The words were gritted out, on the very edge of calm.

He opened his eyes a minute late, fully confident in his newfound knowledge. He nodded once resolutely.

Muttering to himself for a second, Axel then continued his directions. "The objective is to get in, get the information, and get out. Understood? You are in no way, permitted to engage our targets. This mission has the sole purpose of confirming our suspicions. The camera in your visor will gather the evidence we need, and you are to collect the files we talked about. Alright?"

"Yes, sir." He hesitated before asking. "May I ask, who is our target?"

"You may not. You will know when you see them. For now, all we have are speculations. However, I can at least tell you that this is one of the League of villain's hideouts. So you will surely run into either Shigaraki or one of his underlings." He continued, voice low and heavy with tension. "If our suspicions do pan out, and you run into our target, you are to remain hidden, and under no circumstance are you to exercise lethal force. Am I clear?"

"Crystal, Sir."

Regarding him for a moment longer, the Colonel nodded to himself and stood up, Arctic following a second later. "Good. If you run into any problems, ping my communicator." He said, looking at the building in question. "Now go, we'll sink back up at our meeting point when you're done."

Arctic didn't waste a second. Feet already turning to leap down from the roof, scaling the side of the building until he was directly facing his entry point. A small airshaft sticking out of the wall of the third level.

Swiftly and silently, he launched himself across the gap, latching onto the thin edge with sturdy fingers. Swinging once, he slides into the opening, movements careful and light to not make any noise.