Solus

After a leisurely breakfast of pancakes, Aizawa, and Izuku settled in the living room, having just finished cleaning up.

Aizawa had a stack of papers to grade, and Yamada had joined them on the couch with the intention of watching a movie while Aizawa worked. Midoriya, his hands now free of cooking duties, sat on the other end of the couch, looking somewhat uncomfortable but composed.

Aizawa meticulously reviewed the first page of his students' essays, a red pen in hand, while Yamada fiddled with the remote, scrolling through their collection of movies. The scowl on the man's face was comical.

"Anything in particular you want to watch, Shota?" Yamada asked, glancing over at his husband.

Aizawa shrugged, not taking his eyes off the paper in front of him. "Whatever you pick is fine."

Yamada settled on a comedy movie, hoping it would provide a light distraction for both Aizawa and their guest while the man graded papers. As the movie began to play, he scooted closer to his husband, but Aizawa remained engrossed in his work.

Midoriya, on the other hand, found himself growing drowsy. The combination of a full breakfast and the comfortable atmosphere of the room began to lull him into a false sense of relaxation. He leaned back against the couch cushions, his eyelids growing heavier with each passing moment.

Despite his best efforts to stay awake, Izuku's fatigue got the better of him. Slowly, his eyes closed, and his head lolled to the side as he drifted into a deep slumber. It wouldn't hurt to rest his eyes for a few seconds.

As Aizawa marked another essay with his red pen, he became aware of a soft sound coming from the other end of the couch. Turning his head, he saw that Akatani had fallen asleep, his breathing steady and peaceful.

Aizawa didn't want to wake him. The kid had been through enough, and a peaceful nap would likely do him good. Smiling softly, gesturing for his partner to remain quiet, he turned his attention back to his grading, occasionally glancing over at the sleeping teenager.

However, the tranquility of the moment was shattered when the kid suddenly let out a small noise. His normally calm expression was marred by the twitching of his brows and the occasional tremor that passed through his body. In the silence of the room, only interrupted by the movie playing in front of them, the boy's breaths came in shallow, uneven intervals.

As the nightmare gripped him, Akatani's peaceful façade shattered. His eyes darted beneath his closed eyelids, and his face contorted in anguish. His hands tense even in sleep, clenched into fists as he struggled against unseen foes in the depths of his subconscious.

The room seemed to grow colder, as if the very air had taken on the chill of his troubled dreams. Beads of sweat formed on his forehead, and his body tensed, as if ready to defend against an invisible threat. His breaths became erratic, bordering on frantic, as the nightmare's grip tightened.

In the midst of the torment, his voice betrayed him. He started to murmur incoherent words, a mixture of pleas and cries, his distress audible even through the veil of sleep. His once peaceful features were now twisted in a silent scream, and his trembling only intensified.

It was a stark contrast to the composed and controlled persona he displayed during waking hours. In the grip of this violent nightmare, the emotional barriers that normally shielded him seemed to crumble, revealing the depths of his inner turmoil.

Having grown concerned of the boy's mounting distress, Aizawa, despite his usual logical thinking, made effort to wake the teen. A tentative hand stretching to shake the boy's shoulder. Movement slow and measured, hoping to free the boy from his torment.