4. (broken)

Manik's pov

I was performing on the stage but my world stopped when I saw her, it's her, my Nandini, it's actually her.
I didn't even realised when I stopped singing and just looked at her blankly.

"Manik, why did you stop, what's wrong, are you ok?", The manager asked me, I didn't even realise when the manager came to me as I was so lost at glancing my star..

"No", I barely whispered...

"What?", He asked bringing me back to earth..

"I just..", I tried to frame words but it was difficult.

As I looked back at the place, she wasn't there..
Wtf, I wanna kill this man, where did she go, I want to see her..

"What Manik", he asked sternly this time..

"Nothing..", I replied

"Shall we start back.", He asked

"hmm...", I replied back having no other option..

I finished the show and everyone hooted for me but I wanted Nandini, I can't let her go this time...

Author's pov

He sat in his car and left somewhere without informing anyone, he covered his face to hide his identification, asking many people and roaming around for an hour he finally found her house..

He stepped out of his car and stopped seeing some fireflies..

"Maybe these fireflies can take me to Nandini", he said to himself..

He went a way towards the density of fireflies and reached a place full of fireflies, they were shining the brightest as if celebrating something..

Walking a little distance he found his star (Nandini), she had her eyes closed and head rested to a tree, he could see tears on cheeks..

Before he could say anything she opened her eyes and their eyes met, believing that this was reality and not a dream..

"Manik", she whispered and ran to him crushing in his arms..

She cried and cried pouring out her emotions which she had kept inside since 2 years. While tears brimmed of Manik's eyes, having his star with him, he just wanted this moment to freeze and just be like this forever..

Suddenly Nandini broke the hug, as reality hit her hard..

"Manik, tum yaha kya kar rhe ho", she said looking everywhere except him

(Manik, what are you doing here)

"Nandini, I missed you so much", he said taking her face in his palms and cupped her cheeks but she moved backwards removing her Manik..

"Why did you come back Manik, we had broken up", She said trying to act strong..

"Nandini, maybe you would've forgot ne & moved on but mai na, I tried a lot, to forget you, but I couldn't, I missed your affection, your care, your face, your smile, I missed you every second, every moment. I didn't forget a single thing about you, I love you Nandini", he said holding her but she moved away..

"Manik, I had betrayed you, did you forget", she said giving an excuse..

"Nandini, I forgave you long time back but I.. I just didn't had the courage to come to you but today when I saw you, I couldn't hold back and I cane here..", he said..