The reason

You awaken in a dark silent room, your mind full of the chaos that brought you to Midgard. An array of insanity ensued on Asgard, and both Loki and Thor remain blissfully unaware. However, you feel you must inform them of why you are here as your final day on Midgard looms 'perhaps they can help, maybe they can change what is meant to be' what a naive thought they can't change the decision of both your father and theirs.

You lie in bed staring at the ceiling, unable to lose yourself in sleep. You lie in wait for the sun to rise, and you swiftly follow suit.

You drag yourself to the comfort of a hot, steaming shower allowing the warm cascading water to relax your tired body. After what feels like a lifetime, you emerge from the safety of the shower making your way to the closet to put something on your body that will either brighten your mood or will trick the untrained into believing you are joy-filled.

 After what feels like a lifetime, you emerge from the safety of the shower making your way to the closet to put something on your body that will either brighten your mood or will trick the untrained into believing you are joy-filled

You have chosen a knee-length green spotty dress; a smile crosses your lips as you admire yourself in the mirror, although it fades swiftly. You tie your hair in a low messy bun, slip on some white sneakers and head down to the kitchen.

You stand at the entrance composing yourself before plastering on a smile and entering the room that is occupied by Loki, Natasha and Wanda.

"Good morning, beautiful Midgardians... and Loki", You announce as you make your way to the refrigerator to grab some breakfast.

"Morning, Freyja", Nat replies, barely lifting her gaze from the files in front of her.

"Good morning", Wanda states, coming to stand beside you "do you wish to talk about it" she whispers; you raise a brow in confusion "well, you know where I am if you want to talk", she smiles and gives your arm an encouraging squeeze before returning to her spot at the table 'that little witch was in my head' you think to yourself.

---------------

You've finished your breakfast, and everyone has cleared out of the kitchen apart from you and Wanda."Frey, I don't mean to be intruding, but I know something is troubling you, and I truly believe that talking about it will help to ease your frustrations", Wanda states as she takes your hand in hers.

"Wanda, it's nothing really. I'm ok," you answer, giving her a less than convincing smile.

"well, are you going to tell them?"

 "Wanda, what do you already know? what did you see?"

"Everything I think, but saying it out loud will help you, I promise."

"will it change it? will saying it out loud magically make it not so Wanda," you exclaim as tears begin to form in your eyes. "I'm due to be married, the great and powerful Odin has made it so, and this visit is my last after this, I will be committed to one, his property a possession" the tears drip from your eyes. "I don't want this, but my word means nothing I shall be wed, and it 'isn't negotiable' to quote my father."

"Oh, Freyja, I'm so sorry. Is there anything we can do" Wanda asks, stroking your hand

You let out a deflated laugh "unfortunately not, it's my destiny apparently" "although they were terribly generous by allowing me to visit Midgard before I am trapped for the rest of my days", you state sarcastically, "I don't know how to tell them, Thor and Loki they'll feel as though they're losing me" "but they are losing me I won't be the same Freyja" you begin sobbing overcome by the reality of your future. Wanda wraps her arms around you, squeezing you tightly.

"I wish I could make everything better, Freyja. I really do" "but you know you have to tell them it's the right thing to do. Better to hear it from you." Wanda explains as her warm cuddle brings you comfort

"you're right. I owe them that at least, although I feel it may cause more harm. but it must be done." You declare as you remove yourself from Wandas grasp and wipe away your tears, "I must tell them now while I feel brave" you chuckle "thank you, my beautiful friend" you stroke Wandas cheek and leave the room in search of the two handsome brothers.

--------

You search the entire compound finding everyone except those you seek. Finally, you enter the gym and are greeted by many a melting gaze. You turn swiftly as you fail to see Thor or Loki.A hand grabs your arm, grounding you to a halt. The hold is strong yet soft; you turn to meet the tender gaze of Bucky.

"Freyja, I'm sorry I haven't been around lately for our little rendezvous", he laughs, pushing his free hand through his glorious hair.You smile sweetly, looking deeply into his hypnotic blue eyes 

"It's fine, Bucky. I know tony has been working you hard, but as I continue to say our time will come." your rub your hand down his chiselled chest, "although I really must be going, you haven't seen Loki or Thor by any chance have you."

Bucky bites his lip, almost causing you to mount him then and there, but you have other pressing matters you must tend to at present.

"Yeah, they just left, they quite the comical duel Loki made some duplicates of himself and had Thor running round in circles after them", Bucky states as he lets out a hearty laugh.

You stretch up, kissing his cheek "splendid, thankyou" Bucky releases his hold on you, and you swiftly vacate the gym

After continuing to roam the halls in search of Thor and Loki, you finally find them pestering each other in the common room; you stand in the doorway, not uttering a word, just basking in their utterly chaotic presence, you love them both so much. You know the news you're about to spring on them will shatter them both, but you must tell them it must be done.

"what are utter baboons doing" you laugh as you approach them "may I talk with you both?" you smile, sitting cross-legged on the couch, waiting for them both to join you.

Loki sits on the armchair across from you, and Thor takes his place beside you wrapping his arm around your shoulder, giving you a slight squeeze as he senses your tension.

"so dear Freyja, what do you wish to discuss with us" Loki begins crossing his leg to protect himself from the words that are about to pass your lips. 

Tears begin to well in your eyes; you take a deep breath before speaking, "I don't know how to say this. I've tried to avoid it from the moment I arrived, but I feel as though the time has come as the end of my stay looms."

Thor raises a brow "what do you mean the end of your stay? You don't have to leave, not yet."

"Unfortunately, I must leave in the coming days your father demands it."

"our father, what does the duration of your visit concern him" Loki questions as he leans towards you.

A tear escapes you dripping slowly down your cheek. "I'm due to be wed", you pause, biting your lip, hoping to hold the rest of your tears in.

Thor leaps from the couch, his face engulfed in anger. "Due to be wed to whom and why would father concern himself with that."

"your father has done more than concern himself with it; he has arranged it; I've been promised to the frost giant Thrym as a show of peace," you continue taking hold of Thor's hand. 

"He can't do that. He won't do it. We will stop it, you cant" Loki begins stroking his hand through his hair as he often does when he's thinking.

You stand up, taking hold of Lokis hand along with Thors. "I love you both so much, but it has been decided. My hand has already been promised to him I was allowed to visit you both on Midgard as one last freedom before my future of entrapment" the tears now roam from your eyes freely. 

Loki rises from his chair, and the three of you share a warm, intimate hug showing the deep love you all possess.