{6} So You Can Do Time-Travelling Too?

Waterborne Abyss Arc (Part 2). A continuation from 'That Doesn't Look Good

Author's Note at the end.

Comments and votes are very much appreciated.

~~

Biling Lake,

An eerie silence is enveloping them. The boats are moving on their own with talismans attached to each boat.

Wei Wuxian is scanning their surrounding. If I remember correctly, this is where the Waterborn Abyss is nearby.

A small and almost unbearable creak comes from Lan Wangji's boat can be heard by Wei Wuxian.

"Lan Zhan, Lan Zhan! Look at me, look at me!" Wei Wuxian is half jumping on his boat.

Before Lan Wangji got the chance to glare at Wei Wuxian, Wei Wuxian raises the boat pedal and hit on the water, causing Lan Wangji to move to Lan Xichen's boat or get splashed.

"Wei Yi-"

Wei Wuxian flips the boat over and it's true! There are 3 water ghouls under Lan Wangji's boat. Lan Xichen, Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian remove and eliminate the threat easily and swiftly.

"Wei-Gongzi, how did it know there were water ghouls under Wangji's boat?"

"It's pretty simple, Zewu-Jun. The placement of Lan Zhan's boat is wrong. There was only one person et the boat sinks like there were two people on board"

"You are indeed skilful, Wei-Gongzi" "mn"

"Thank you, Zewu-Jun" It sounds the most reasonable way to explain that to Lan Zhan and Zewu-Jun. I can't let them know I can sense them, can't I?

"You know, Lan Zhan. This is taking too long. Back in Yunmeng, we use different and faster methods to catch water ghouls."

"How do you catch water ghouls usually back in Yunmeng, Wei-Gongzi?"

Wei Wuxian and Jiang Wanyin look at each other. Jiang Wanyin gives Wei Wuxian a raised eyebrow, and Wei Wuxian laughs sheepishly.

Yeah, better hot to answer that or I will get another round of lectures from that Old Man Lan.

"... Oh Lan Zhan, Lan Zhan. Why don't we use 'that'?"

"Mn" Lan Wangji nods and takes out the talisman design that Wei Wuxian made yesterday and gives it to the Jiang Head Disciple.

"Thanks, Lan Zhan."

"No problem, Wei Ying."

~

While Wei Wuxian is translating the talisman design from paper to fabrics that he made the same shape from his past life, Jiang Wanyin asked him.

"Wei Wuxian, what is that talisman? I've never seen that before."

Wei Wuxian pauses a bit before back to work on painting the talisman onto the two similar fabrics.

"This, Jiang Cheng, a talisman design I wanted to test today. The function of this is to lure and attract spirits that we wanted to attract."

"Your design?"

"Yeah. I had this in mind for a while, besides the idea of making a compass that can point to the nearest resentful spirit. Should I add a spirit level detector on it? Probably I can use a specific metal to make the pointers more accurate. Or, probably I can improve the sigils I the compass to improve the range-"

[DISCONTINUED] Now Different Lives I Leadजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें