Chapter 6 (Steven) (Edited)

*****Edited by krisgee*****

2011 © All Rights Reserved

Chapter 6 (Steven)

            How dare he man handle her like that?  I stood in the school parking lot gripping the handles to my Harley so hard that my knuckles started to ache from the pressure.  A growl reverberated from my chest as I watched her brother forcefully drag her away from her friends and put her in his car.  They were leaving now but the fury still burned fresh in my veins. 

            “Hey man, you need to cool it,” Bobby said as he came up behind me. 

            I turned and noticed his fists were tightly clenched by his sides as he took the scene in himself.

            I took in a deep breath and tried really hard to put myself in a more calming state but every time I closed my eyes a picture of my mate with her brother’s hand wrapped tightly around her arm just pissed me the fuck off.

            “I’ll be damned if I’m going to let him jerk her around like some type of baby doll,” I sneered to my brother.

            He kept his eyes glued to the black Mazda as they pulled out of the parking lot while he straddled his own bike.

            “Yeah, I don’t like it either man, but seriously what else can you do?”

            I shook my head in disgust. 

            “I don’t know man, but something’s going to have to change or one of us is going to end up hurt, bad.” 

            I heard Bobby snort just before I kicked the pedal down and started my bike.  I glanced back at my brother once more and called out, “And I can guarantee that it won’t be me.  I now have something worth fighting for.”

            I snapped my helmet closed and peeled out of the parking lot with only one destination in mind; home.  I needed to talk to my Mama.  I’m not afraid to admit that I’m a Mama’s boy.  She has proven herself a strong woman when faced with adversity.  She has always had the right answers and given the best advice.  Hell, she protected herself and her two cubs for the better part of seven years from an entire pack of blood thirsty wolves.  Mama would know the best way to handle my little situation with dear old brother.

            I drove up the driveway to our new home and shut off the bike.  Bobby pulled in behind me and turned his off as well.  I dismounted from the bike and took off my helmet before heading for the front door. 

            “Mom,” I called out walking inside the house.

            “In the kitchen Stevie,” she answered. 

            I groaned.  I hated when she called me that.  I took off my shoes at the front door and stalked into the kitchen.  Bobby came in behind me and headed straight for his room.  Good, I thought to myself.  Even though he knows about my mate issues, I would really rather have this conversation in private.

            When I walked into the kitchen Mama was cutting up some carrots for dinner and I swooped in to steal one from the counter.  She smacked at my hand just as I popped it into my mouth.  I gave her an impish grin while I chewed it. 

            “Stevie,” she chided, but there was no real anger in her words.  I leaned over and kissed her on the cheek.

            “You are such a good boy,” she complimented and continued to cut up the rest of the vegetables for dinner.