Chapter 15 (Amy) (Edited)

*****Edited by krisgee*****

2011 © All Rights Reserved

Chapter 15 (Amy)

            The bell rang and I hopped up excitedly wanting to surprise my mate by showing up at his classroom door first.  His nearness this morning seemed like a blanket of comfort to me, especially after learning the sad news about Grandpop.  I frowned at the thought while hefting my bag over my shoulder.  

            “No time for frowns,” I muttered to myself while walking out of my Trig class.  I imagined the bright smile of my Mr. Hunky Chocolate Brown Eyes and it worked like a charm.  As I stood outside of his class watching the people file out my grin grew in anticipation of his warm touch, his intoxicating smell, his sexy voice.  Well hell, everything about the freaking guy threw my body completely out of sync.

            The last person left the class room and I was left stumped.  Where the crap is my Mr. Hunky Chocolate Brown Eyes?  I sat there a few moments longer, waiting and waiting and waiting.  Screw this.  I walked just inside the door and felt like I had been smacked in the chest with a two by four.  I rubbed my eyes and blinked them several times hoping that what I was seeing was a mistake, a very huge and colossal mistake.  

            When I opened my eyes for the last time and seen that slut run her hands down my Mr. Hunky Chocolate Brown Eyes’ chest and cup his sex, I lost it.  I mean I went certifiably insane.  This was no mistake.  And you want to know what was worse?  He sat there.  He didn’t make a move to stop her.  He just sat there and let her touch him like that.  Oh god, I couldn’t stand there any longer.  I had to get out.  I had to get away before the world closed in on me.  I did the only thing I knew to do.  I ran.  I took off and ran like the devil himself was after me.

            Dodging through the people I had no other thought in my mind but escape.  Escape far away from him and from this place.  Running through the hall I felt someone grab my arm pulling me to a halt.  I was breathing heavily when I looked back to see that it was Liza who had pulled me to the side of the hall.  

            “Where are you going?” she said as she paused mid sentence after taking in my sorry state.  “What the hell happened?” she asked, clearly concerned.

            I couldn’t speak.  My eyes filled with tears and my chest hurt like a bitch.  Words would just not leave my mouth as the pictures of her sitting on his lap kept reeling through my mind.  Fiercely, I started to shake my head back and forth.  

            “I can’t, I- I need.” and I couldn’t say any more.  Then I heard his voice and the two by four came slamming against my chest once again.  I started to hyperventilate and Liza quickly gathered that whatever was wrong had something to do with my Mr. Hunky Chocolate Brown Eyes.

            Still holding onto my arm she glanced back at him and watched as he came running towards us.  My body started to tremble; I didn’t have the strength to face him right now.  My wolf was screaming in my head to get away.  With her mouth drawn in a grim line, Liza released my hand and gave me a gentle shove.

            “Go,” she said while glancing back to see him closing in on us.  “I’ll take care of him, just promise to call me later, alright?” she said while still keeping her eyes peeled on the massive body hurling towards us.

            I nodded my head and turned on my heels.  I was off again, looking for an escape.  I heard him call out my name and it ripped at my very soul.  How could he still do this to me?  After what I witnessed, how could he have this overwhelming effect on me?  I hated myself for it and most of all I hated him; I hated him for his treacherous behavior.

            Then I heard Liza stop him.  I head her tell him “Don’t,” but that was all I clearly understood.  By then I had finally reached the doors to the school slamming them wide open with the palms of my hands.  I didn’t stop there.  I hit the ground moving hard and fast.  I didn’t change into my wolf form.  I was too scared of what I might be tempted to do to either of them in wolf form.  My wolfish instincts would demand blood and Victoria was only human.  She wouldn’t have a fighting chance against me.  For that reason alone I ran in my human form until I couldn’t push myself any further.

            I collapsed against a tree and finally let myself go.  I let the tears roll and the pain leak out of me.  I sat there for hours pouring my heart out all over Mother Earth.  I pounded my fist against the ground in anger and cried some more.  

            A short time later, I heard Stevie try to call out to me mentally and I quickly threw up a wall blocking him.  I could not talk to him right now in any form.  I had absolutely nothing to say.

            When the sobs quieted I inhaled a deep breath of fresh air and ran my hands through my unruly hair.  My makeup was running down my face and my hair was knotted.  I must be a sore sight, I thought to myself while shaking my head.  I felt so empty.  Stevie stole my heart and smashed it into a million pieces.  Loneliness was all I felt then, that and profounding despair.

            At a complete loss of what to do next, I decided to call the one person that I could always turn to when my world was falling apart; my Grandpop.  I pulled out my cell phone and quickly dialed the familiar number.  Holding the phone to me ear I listened to the phone ring and finally, his voice answered.