Chapter 17 (Amy) (Edited)

*****Edited by krisgee*****

 2011 © All Rights Reserved

Chapter 17 (Amy)

            I felt the cold evening air brush against my cheek   However, strangely enough, the rest of my body felt incredibly warm.  I tried to lift my heavy eyelids but struggled ardently with the task.  What was wrong with me?  Why couldn’t I open my eyes?  My body felt like a block of dead weight. 

            Seconds passed and slowly I started to become more aware of my surroundings.  I heard a quiet sobbing and felt a warm wetness fall on my chilled cheek.  Then it all came back to me.  Standing in the parking lot waiting for my Mr. Hunky Chocolate Brown Eyes, the strange voice calling from behind me, something thrown over my head taking away my sight and then finally the stinging in my arm.  That was all I could remember before the darkness fully took me over.

            I tried to sit up but my body refused to cooperate with me.

            “Help,” I sluggishly croaked out.

            The sobbing above me suddenly halted and I felt my body shift.  That was when I realized that I was in someone’s arms.  An overwhelming panic struck me at first.  Was the stranger from the parking lot the same one holding me now?  Then I took a whiff of the scent and it was familiar to me, comforting even.  The panic quickly eased and I recognized that it was my Mr. Hunky Chocolate Brown Eyes holding me.

            “Stevie,” I stuttered still trying really hard to open my eyes.  I hated that helpless feeling.  I couldn’t move, I couldn’t see and I could barely talk.  What in the hell did they do to me?

            “Princess,” I heard his sexy voice rumble from above and the last of my fears melted away.  Just knowing that my mate held me was enough to chase all of the bad dreams into oblivion.

            I felt his hand cup my cheek and with that simple touch my eyes obeyed my command to open.  I blinked several times to clear the fogginess and there was my Mr. Hunky Chocolate Brown Eyes looking down at me with so much concern.

            “Stevie,” I said on an exhale and was proud that it sounded so much stronger and clearer this time.  I felt his arms tighten around my body, and his lips press against my forehead.

            “Thank the Moon Goddess,” Stevie said with his lips still pressed to my skin.

            I reveled in the sensations that the tentative kiss sparked throughout my body.  Slowly, the feeling came back to my limbs and I became more alert.   Reaching my hand up I touched Stevie’s cheek and felt the wetness that lingered there.  He had been crying and that broke my heart.  He was crying for me.

            “You have tears,” I whispered while looking into the depth of those deep brown eyes.  He nodded his head and rubbed his thumb against my cheek.

            “I- I thought you were gone,” he said while holding back a sob.  “I thought that they had taken you from me,” he continued as another tear trickled down his cheek.  I let my finger catch it and rubbed it away.

            “I’m here,” I said softly.  “I’m here with you.”

            With those words said he pulled me up against his chest and I could hear his heart pounding at a staccato pace.  His hands seemed to subconsciously rub along my body and I knew that it was his wolf needing to reassure himself that I was fine.  I was content to lay there cradled in his arms and let his touch soothe me. It had been almost a week since I had last felt his touch and that was a week too long, if you ask me.