CHAPTER - 15 Kindness or a Trap?

Meanwhile, Lu Bai and Mao Shiyuan were getting ready for their new company and were extremely busy.

Lu Bai stood at the forefront of the huge Lu Company, bogged with work nearly 100% of the time.

He made a habit of drinking coffee at night, when returning from business trips. One night, Mao Shiyuan couldn't help but warn him, "Work is important, but you shouldn't treat your body like it isn't."

Lu Bai placed his mug down, not once breaking his attention from his files as he absently replied, "I know."

Mao Shiyuan knew it wasn't a sincere response. He leaned by the corner of Lu Bai's desk and stared at the workaholic. "I really should find a woman to take care of you."

Lu Bai naturally didn't bother with him.

Mao Shiyuan thought carefully before saying, "Chu Hua is in America, and who knows when she'll come back. Meanwhile, Zhan Yu is in A City. He said he'd be back in two years, but who knows? It's still closer than America, though. If I want to call himー"

Lu Bai raised his head and looked sharply at him, stopping his train of thought. "He went to A City?" he asked.

"He?" The sudden question had stunned Mao Shiyuan, and it took a moment for him to realize that Lu Bai was asking about Zhan Yu. He could only nod stiffly under such an intense gaze.

Mao Shiyuan felt it was odd how Lu Bai's expression changed so suddenly.

He pondered more before asking, "You didn't know that he went to A College as an exchange student?"

Lu Bai quickly lost the energy he previously demonstrated. "How come I never heard that our school and A College's school had this type of friendship?" he asked, with his gaze still set on Mao Shiyuan.

After hearing Lu Bai's question, Mao Shiyuan was suddenly reminded of what he was going to say before being interrupted. "I really don't think I'd be saying this if you didn't remind me, but our school has never cooperated with A College. This is the first time, and what a coincidence that Zhan Yu took the opportunity to move."

That was one hell of a "coincidence"!

"What coincidence?! Someone definitely made it happen, and it was either Zhan Yu or Zhan Qiancheng," Lu Bai thought to himself, as his demeanor turned icy.

Zhan Yu probably couldn't have done it, given how unintelligent he acted. Zhann Qiancheng must've been the one.

What was the point? Was it to avoid him?

The more Lu Bai thought, the more he thought it was true.

Lately, Zhan Yu wanted to convey only one thing, and it was that he wanted nothing to do with him.

Why did he suddenly change his major? Why did he suddenly move out of his apartment? Wasn't it obvious enough when he decided to escape Sheng Jin City to A City while he was on a business trip?

The thoughts spun in his head, giving him the kind of pensive gaze, he would never have otherwise.

What he said by the road was true, and he was quick to do what he said.

"Hmph. Zhan Yu, I'll admit you have some tact."

Mao Shiyuan was close enough to feel the strong, imposing emotions that Lu Bai was practically exuding.

He quietly retreated back by a few steps, and mustered the courage to ask, "Are you angry?"

Normally, Lu Bai wouldn't be angry. Those who made him angry would suffer from his wrath, and he would use everything at his disposal to make sure they did.