CHAPTER - 21 Denied

While searching for Zhan Yu's figure in the crowd, Lu Bai saw Zhan Yu talking sweetly to Xia Qiao. He immediately narrowed his eyes. He had never shown him such a pure and sweet smile!

The whole time Lu Bai couldn't keep his eyes off the host, who was gracefully presenting on A College's glorious history and the significance of the newly built experimental building. He was so moved that he turned around to the leaders and said, "Your esteemed school is home to quite the talent," though he was mainly commending Xia Qiao.

Zhan Yu was that close with such a polite and attractive young man?

Each guest attending the event was distinguished in one way or another, so Xia Qiao specifically had been asked to host. He didn't disappoint. The leaders were proud but dared not show it. "Why, president Lu Bai, your school fosters much more talent than ours."

Lu Bai decided not to exchange any more pleasantries. Instead, his gaze landed on Zhan Yu, who was bustling about on the right side of the hall. He couldn't understand why Zhan Yu was willing to do such menial tasks. It seemed like he was quite happy doing his work, his face flushed as he smiled. While Lu Bai knitted his eyebrows, the ceremony came to a satisfactory close; moving on to a tour of the new building.

Lu Bai was initially not interested, but reluctantly joined when he saw Zhan Yu in the back of the line. Opposed to Xia Qiao's systematic and detailed presentation of the complex, Lu Bai surveyed the building with a glance. He noted how ordinary it was before seeing even half of the structure.

Lu Bai didn't have the patience to waste time with people he found boring, so he began to slow down and settle to the back of the line. Assistant Wang knew very well that Lu Bai had slowed on purpose and followed suit, despite his doubts. When he noticed that Zhan Yu was also in the back, he suddenly understood what his boss was playing at.

Zhan Yu noticed Lu Bai, and could only stare in alarm. As the tour reached a turn in the corridor, Lu Bai quickly grabbed his wrist, pulling him away from everyone else. He (Zhan Yu) wanted to scream, but Lu Bai covered his mouth before he could. "If you want everyone to know about us, yell as much as you like!" he hissed.

Zhan Yu was angry. Who'd want to be seen with him?

"Mmph... MMMPHHH..."

Let go!

"I can let go, but you have to do as I say and come with me."

"Mmmph..."

Go where?

"You'll know when we get there."

Zhan Yu was reluctant.

Lu Bai suddenly laughed. "It's fine if you don't want to go with me. I'll ask your principal for permission instead. At least he will give me some respect..."

If Zhan Yu really let him do that, he believed it would be pointless to stay in A College anymore. He (Zhan Yu) quickly nodded his head.

Seeing that, Lu Bai loosened his grip in satisfaction and led Zhan Yu by the hand all the way to the parking lot. Assistant Wang was now certain that Master Zhan would be the boss' wife. He respectfully opened the back door for them and, out of respect for their privacy, raised the partition between the front and back of the car.

Zhan Yu urged Lu Bai to loosen his grip. "Hey. You've been grabbing my hand the entire time. Why aren't you letting go?"

Didn't he see how red his (Zhan Yu's) hand was?

Lu Bai let go, unwillingly. He didn't know what to say when he saw Zhan Yu's wrist was so uncomfortably red. Why, when he didn't use much strength, was it like that?