3. Welcome Home, Kiara.

Loads of information in this chapter. Sorry! What can I do?  The Woods are kind of chaotic and big so the first couple of chapters are going to be lenghty. 

Happy Reading:))

________

'Are you there yet?' was Wolf's email from an hour ago.

'Almost. What do you need live updates for?' Kiara was still annoyed with his behaviour the other day.

"It's like the movies" Misha whispered to her in the back of uncle Henry's car on their way to Bluewood. They landed in Brooktown with uncle Jasper two hours ago and uncle Henry was there to pick them up. "You know, the ones where the chick goes a secluded island for no reason and meets the caveman-like guy and then falls in love and decides to screw her entire life and settle there and be the mommy to his kids"

"You mean like uncle Jasper did, but without the kids part" Kiara said, glancing at the two men at the front of the car.

"Yeah! But like this time it's me and him. And I am totally ready for that. I can give up the city for this" Misha nodded to herself as she took in the dense trees on either side of their path.

"Over my dead body" Kiara whispered back "You want to have a fling. Fine. Get it out of your system. But I am not going to lose another person to this stupid place. You..." Uncle Henry glanced back with a frown. Kiara smiled at him, shutting up quickly.

"You are so lame" Misha told her.

"You are so dumb" Kiara replied back.

The more they traveled, the denser the forest got. The air was so clean, it made her feel like there was a light sepia filter over her eyes that suddenly got cleared. This was nature at its best preserved state. And this was actually the easier part of the forest that they were passing through, more human friendly. Kiara knew for a fact that there were parts of this forest where she would probably be suitable food for the resident predators.

Fifteen minutes later, they found themselves at the other side of tall barbed wire fences and a large heavily guarded iron gate. Uncle Henry only slowed down a little until they got dangerously close to the gates. "I can't believe that stupid pup" he hissed, before finally stopping the SUV inches away from hitting the iron gates.

Uncle Jasper barked out a laugh "Give the poor boy a break, Henry"

"What's happening?" Kiara asked. Clearly, uncle Henry didn't expect to be stopped at the gates.

"Oh my God! How is he hotter than the last time? I thought that was his peak" Misha nudged her. Sure enough, there were three men walking towards them, from Misha's side of the SUV. All of them built almost like uncle Henry, tall and broad and also hot like Misha mentioned. So, she had no means of guessing which one of them had caught her sister's fancy.

One of them, the one who was a couple of steps ahead of the others, seemed to be looking straight at them, his gaze unwavering until he reached the SUV and tapped the driver window. Uncle Henry sighed before rolling down his window.

"Uncle" the man said, Kiara could hear Misha's heart beating, it was that loud.

"Nephew" Uncle Henry sighed again "You are not going to like what I have in store for you monday at work"

The man smirked before looking behind uncle Henry at Misha and Kiara "You have visitors" The other two men had stopped behind him by then. They gave uncle Henry apologetic shrugs.