20. Welcome to the world of the Humans!

Had a seminar, got down with viral fever, had a housewarming, got bedridden due to the resultant exhaustion.....exactly in that order. I am soooooo sorry for the delay. :(((

Happy Reading:))))

________________

Kiara went through the next two days wondering if she should tell Matt about his father's visit. It wasn't like Kiara wanted to hide it or protect the man. But the resultant chaos that will probably ensue would be too much of an unnecessary drama that Kiara has no desire to be a part of.

Friday, she left work to be once again stopped by her favorite (not) guard.

"Again?" She hissed at Malcolm.

To which Ian replied from behind him "It's just Matt"

The relief Kiara felt was embarrassing once she realized it. No, she wasn't scared of their Alpha. She wasn't.

"Sorry" Matt said as soon as she slid in the passenger seat of his car. Malcolm and Ian got in the car parked behind Matt's "I didn't know if you would mind me showing up at your work. I would have liked to pick you up myself"

"You are picking me up yourself" Kiara looked at him, confused.

"I mean without Ian and Mac's help"

"Oh! I......." If she had to be honest, Kiara didn't think about it until Matt pointed it out "As long as you don't mind me introducing you to my colleagues as a friend. It's not like any of my friends you met at the pub that day work here"

"You don't mind?" He started driving but not before grinning at her with that trademark grin of his.

"I mean, we aren't going to attend any party together but if we bump into people I know, I wouldn't dash for the nearest spot to hide. I also won't be introducing you to my family anytime soon. This is new. I think that's how it works, right?"

"I wouldn't know either. First time and ol" Matt shrugged

"Same pinch" She said out of habit.

"On that note, I have a list of things we can do together for the first time"

"You have a list" She raised a brow.

He hummed "A long one. A journal actually. I had over a decade, remember?"

Kiara didn't want to be reminded of that. It was still a sour spot for her but she hoped her expression didn't convey it "Are you going to show me at some point?"

"It's embarrassing so probably not anytime soon"

"What's in it?"

He chuckled, slightly embarrassed but determined to tell her everything "I watched my family, friends and everyone around me as I grew up and I used to go home and tell my mum 'I'm gonna do this with Kiara when we are together' or 'Gross, Kiara and I are never going to be this cheezy', things like that." he explained "One day, mum said 'You should write that down so you don't forget when the time comes'. And that's how the list came into existence. It was a long wait so it's a long list"

Kiara smiled "So which one are we starting with today?"

"The classic" Matt tilted his head to look at her "Movie and dinner?"

She hummed "I have always wondered what makes that classic" at Matt's raised brow, she clarified "I mean we go out with friends for movies and dinner all the time. How's that a couple thing to do when it's so common"