7. Beauty and the Beast

"What?"

"You have nothing to be scared of...." Jasper begun

"No. What did you say before that?"

"That we are werewolves" Henry offered from where he was leaning against the door like a guard dog. It wasn't like Kiara could escape now, Misha being unconscious and all.

"Henry" Jasper hissed "Maybe...."

"We?" Kiara turned her wide eyes at her uncle "We?"

"He means the rest of the family. Not me. You have to be born into it" Jasper explained.

"You knew?"

"I married him, didn't I?"

He married him. Of course her uncle would know. He would know that Hazel's little brother was capable of turning into a big black wolf with fiery eyes in the middle of a verbal spat. It was that easy for him. Because it wasn't the first time he saw something like that.

Kiara couldn't breath at first. That had to be a hallucination. Whatever was in that beer was doing things to her head. That was the only explanation. But when the weight of Misha's unconscious body fell on her, she knew this was too real to be a nightmare.

Hazel had rushed to her to explain but Kiara had bared her teeth at the girl. She didn't know Hazel anymore. She could be that creature too. She didn't know any of them. She couldn't trust them to be anywhere near her or her unconscious sister.

The fight had quickly broken up when they realized their secret was out before the outsiders. The wolf, that's what it was, had whimpered and trotted closer. Kiara wanted to yell but she was too stunned. She couldn't look away because then she wouldn't be able to anticipate when it would attack.

It didn't attack. It stopped a few steps away from them and settled there. It sat down on the ground casually all the while looking at Kiara like she was the scary one. Hazel and Flynn stood on either side of the wolf. Whether they were protecting her or the wolf, Kiara couldn't say.

She noticed Jason speaking urgently on his phone with the redhead sitting next to him like someone killed his favorite pet. Really, the guy was the one who started it all and he was behaving like it was everyone else who brought a lifetime of sorrow upon him.

Jasper came soon enough with Henry and Eric in tow. Jasper had pulled her into a hug while Henry bent down to pick up an unconscious Misha. "No" Kiara had screeched "You carry her" she had ordered uncle Jasper. She couldn't trust anyone that belonged to Bluewood.

Looking back, she should have realized that her uncle now belonged to Bluewood too.

Sitting on that bed, in the room she has stayed in everytime she visited, Kiara felt suffocated. The windows, the balcony door, the door Henry stood against, were all open. Yet she knew she had no escape. Now she understood the need for those security gates, those huge walls, the vast forest, keeping the outsiders away. No one could get in without their permission and no one could get out no matter how desperately they wanted an out.

"Misha and I will leave as soon as she is conscious enough" Kiara informed her uncle. What else could she tell him when he informed her that he married the beast knowing what he was.

"It pains me to think that you feel like you aren't safe here, Kia" Henry voiced "You think I could ever hurt you?"

Kiara said nothing, she couldn't. This was the same uncle Henry she grew up knowing yet the Henry she knew was a lie. She didn't know what to think anymore.

"You think you will be more comfortable if Henry's not here?" Jasper asked softly.

Kiara nodded shakily. She would have felt bad about how upset Henry looked as he left, but in that moment, with Misha sleeping restlessly by her side, she couldn't care less.