24

"Juliet darling," Tommy gently shakes the woman.

"Fuck off Thomas," She murmurs, turning her back to him.

Juliet shoots up with a gasp when the blankets are ripped off of her and the cold morning air hits her skin.

"Why the fuck-"

"We're going on holiday," Tommy says. "Suprise!"

"And it's necessary to wake me up in the ghastly hours of the morning to tell me that?"

"We're going today?" Juliet asks and receives a nod. "I hate you, you know that?"

"Sure you do darling," Tommy hums. "I packed your clothes whilst you were sleeping last night. Though I can't remember if I packed underwear for you"

A pillow soars through the air, hitting Tommy straight in the face.

"Where are we going?" Juliet sighs as she moves from her bed.

"London,"

London. It was a city of wide avenues and small places to sit and eat, to relax as folk went about their day. There were thousands of homes dotted throughout the capital, all having people with different stories to tell occupying them. The rest was parks and wild spaces, a chance to walk among nature or enjoy the trails on bicycles or horseback.

Tommy walks out of their house, Juliet's bag and his own in his hands as she had refused to carry them.

"You wake me up at this ungodly hour, you carry my bags," Was the response he had received.

"7 o'clock, 12 o'clock and 10 o'clock if I'm still sober," Arthur says. "I got it from the doctor. Keeps me nice and calm"

Tommy opens the small bottles and takes a small smell of the medicine.

"Same thing they gave us in the trenches to stop us fucking wanking" Tommy says.

"Charming," Juliet says.

"Polly says it's good for me temper," Arthur says. "It slows me down"

"Arthur there are some things," Tommy says, pouring the medicine down the drain. "Polly doesn't understand. I need you fast. Not slow, eh?"

Tommy glances at Juliet who had her eyebrow arched, showing him she was in plain disagreement with what he had just done.

"She wouldn't let go of my fucking leg," John says.

"Bet that's not all she wouldn't let go of," Arthur says.

"You know she's against this, Tom," John says.

"I think Esme would also be against you showing the people of Small Heath your cock," Juliet says and John looks down to reveal he hadn't buttoned his trousers up.

"She's got opinions," John says.

Juliet fake gasps.

"It's as if women have brains isn't it?" Juliet asks, rolling her eyes before climbing into the car.

"Nothing wrong with opinions John" Tommy says. "You seen what I have to deal with daily? Juliet had more opinions than anyone I know"

Juliet slaps the back of his head harshly and Tommy winces, rubbing the spot her hand had impacted with.

Arthur stands up as they begin to drive down the road.

"Right!" He roars. "The Peaky Blinders are going on fucking holiday"

"Sit down you mad bastard," John says, pulling his brother down.

"It's too fucking early," Juliet groans, sliding sunglasses on her face to shield her eyes from the offending morning light.

After an hour of driving, Tommy pulls to a halt in the countryside.

The landscape was a marriage of rainbow hues congregated in the greens. The hills arose from the ground as if they reached for the sky - the peaks sculpted by the raindrops of aeons. They were green grass as their base but the higher up the hill their eyes looked, they saw more trees creating thick foliage.

"Look at this," Arthur says. "Look. I love it. Your Esme was right about one thing. You can't beat the countryside."

"I guess that's why you're pissing in it?" Juliet says. "Too much love for the countryside?"

"Oi fuck off you," Arthur says. "I think I want to live in the country one day and keep chickens"

"We'll see you in London Arthur," John says as Tommy lifts the cover off the boot of the car.

Juliet gags when the smell hits her nose, turning away from the body in the boot.

"Fuck," Juliet takes a step back.

"We need to bury him," Tommy says.

"Count me the fuck out,"

"Who the fuck is that?" John asks.

"It's Irish business," Tommy says. "I thought it best if I dealt with it on my own. Come on we did a thousand of these in France"

"John, grab his head," Tommy says.

"So we're not really going to London?" John asks.

"Once we bury him," Tommy says. "Then the holiday begins."

"If this holiday is shit after this," Juliet calls, heading back to the car. "I'll fucking kill you, Thomas"

"You're not helping?" Arthur asks.

"No fucking way,"