18 Gone with the wind

"The flower shall remain until the day I get the true peace, this way you will always know how I'm doing."

The crystal in his hand cracked a little and gradually broke down into fragments like his heart. Jimin fell to his knees letting out a scream filled with despair and angst. Even though his entire body was aching, he desperately tried to gather the broken pieces and merge them together.

"Please" he pleaded tears dripping from his eyes nonstop.

"Please!!!" He gritted his teeth trying to put it back and mend it like before with his shaky hands but no matter how hard he tried the crystal only crumbled down into more fine particles.

Jimin felt a hand on his shoulder making it slump a little.

"Jassabella, make this work, please help me fix it" He showed his wife the pieces of his most treasured possession with a doleful expression.

"Your majesty" she murmured with her head hung low and tears streaming down her face.

They both knew the meaning behind the crystal pulverizing. They realized that Tiara was longer with them but how could Jimin swallow the venomous truth, he had just seen her a few hours ago. She was within his reach a few moments ago.

Jassabella engulfed sobbing Jimin in her embrace and they cried in grief feeling devasted at their loss. His body was wracked with every sob that forced its way out, his chest rising and falling unevenly as he gasped for breath in his wife's arm. Jassabella stroke his hair, crying herself, feeling dejected.

Sniffing she eventually collected herself and spoke to the chief of the king's guard who had his head hung low witnessing the heartbreaking scene before him.

"Please prepare a funeral for my cousin, we need to properly bid our goodbye to our queen"