Part 3

*⚠ This chapter is mostly about self harm ⚠*

(Jane Doe is still only 11 at this point)

After the sexual abuse had stopped she wanted to tell someone what had happened to her, but taking that next step scared her. What if no one believed her? Who would she even tell? She couldn't tell her family, they all knew and trusted the person that had done this to her. So she kept it to herself.

Jane Doe started to worry that the longer she waited to tell people the less she would be believed, but it had already been months since it stopped, so no one would believe her. She started to struggle so one night when she was sitting on her bed she noticed a pair of scissors on her bedside table, picked it up and gently put it to her skin and pressed it against it as she slowly and shakily slid it across her wrist and watched the blood spill from her skin that had held her together so well up until that point.

No one seemed to notice how much Jane Doe was struggling, and every day that passed without someone picking up on it she would slide the pair of scissors across her skin more and more until one day someone did finally notice - one of her friends - who then went and told a teacher. That same day at lunch the teacher came to her and took her to an empty room in the office to talk to her. He asked about the cuts on her wrist and called her mother, she didn't care when they told her that they had called her mother, Jane Doe knew she wouldn't care and she was right. When her mother picked her up from school that day, she told her daughter that she wasn't that surprised, which upset her.

Of course Jane Doe's mother couldn't leave it at just upsetting her daughter, he had to make it worse by telling her father and step mum. Her parents had split up when Jane Doe was a baby, then went to live with her father at the age of 3, but visited her mother often.

After Jane Doe's father and step mum had spoken to her about why self harming is 'bad' she did actually stop. But that only lasted a year, until she got to high school and everything went downhill from there.

________________________________________________

Hey guys I know that I don't have many reads but to the people who have read this far I want to thank you. It hasn't been easy to write this but I knew I needed to write it, I've been struggling a lot lately and it's been really hard. So thank you again <3