Part 6

I know I haven't updated in ages, but writing this has been difficult for me because it's ongoing in real life too, so I can't really write updates if it hasn't happened yet as it's a factual story. Thank you for your patience if you're still reading.

The panic grew inside of Jane doe, as she felt that weight on her chest grow heavier, her heartbeat started to race, the breaths that were balanced before now shallow and quick. As Jane Doe struggled for air she sprinted for the door, she rushed for the closest bathroom and sat curled in a ball on the floor. She waited for her heart rate to return to normal, and her breathing to even out, before unlocking the stall door and splashing water on her face to try to hide the tears that stained her face. She climbed back up the stairs to the classroom of the only teacher she trusted, opened the door and sat back down next to her teacher.

However, Jane Doe's teacher didn't react in any of the ways she was expecting, she was not only supportive but also comforting and reassuring. She made sure that Jane Doe knew that it wasn't her fault. However, after she found out she never treated Jane Doe quite the same, almost as if she was made out of glass, but Jane Doe could understand why, it was as if speaking to her the wrong way or with a slightly raised tone could shatter her. It did shatter her, she broke.

She was broken and didn't know how to put all the pieces back together. It was like putting a puzzle together, only you keep putting pieces in the wrong place, and when you finally get to the end, there's a piece missing.

Jane Doe eventually grew the courage to tell one more person - one of her best friends. She waited for the right time, and when she told her, everything changed. Her friend had told her that everything will be okay and she'll be there for her, but what she hadn't realised, was that her friend starred telling everyone about it, only she changed the story. Her friend never told anyone that she was sexually assaulted, but that Jane Doe had been sleeping with multiple people, while still dating her then boyfriend.

How could Jane Doe continue to go on as usual when everyone knew what they thought was the truth. So of course, she left that friend group and found her new best friend - we'll call her Julia. Jane Doe and Julia grew inseparable, they both shared traumas that no one should have to share. And soon year 11 turned into year 12, and when year 12 came along, the English teacher that she had grew to trust so much had left and all she was left with, was the rumours and of course Julia.