Part 5

After that night, she continued as usual, but slightly different, not as happy, not as talkative, but still somehow managing to paste on a smile for the people around her despite what had happened that night. All she could think about was 'what if she had just opened her eyes sooner?' 'What if she had told someone what had been going on before it had the chance to get that far?' 'What if she hadn't have been at that same place where it happened?' All of these what if's were flooding through her mind. She didn't understand that all these what if questions were pointless, because it wasn't her fault. Or at least that's what google said, but she still didn't believe it.

Later in the year the school had found out about her self harming, and had called her father. That night Jane Doe, her father, and her step mother all and a long talk about the dangers of self harm. And the next morning Jane Doe went to her english teacher annoyed, because she knew that her teacher had to tell someone, and she believed her teacher was only going to tell the counselor, but that wasn't the case. She spoke to her teacher and understood why the school called her dad. Her english teacher then let Jane Doe stay in her class with her instead of going to first period, and they talked. "Can I ask you an awkward question?" Jane Doe's teacher carefully asked, Jane Doe replied with a nod. The last question she ever expected came out of her teacher's mouth, and Jane Doe's heart dropped. "Were you sexually abused?" How did she know? She didn't know she was being so obvious.

Jane Doe stayed silent for a moment before opening her mouth and letting out a quiet raspy voice ".. Yeah.." Her english teacher is the first person that had ever found out about the sexual abuse. Jane Doe didn't know if she was gonna believe her or judge her, and that was what scared her the most.

I know this is another short chapter, but I needed to get out another chapter and I've been having some trouble with what to write and how to write it. Thanks for the patience.