rowena macleod x reader

summary: you and ro  finish your day of thrifting with a  date at a diner. but, you both have a small conflict over something... 

•°. *࿐

"c'mon, ro! i didn't mean it like that. really." you sighed softly, holding the door to the diner open for her.

"i know exactly what you were thinking!" she announced dramatically, "you thought those sunglasses looked awful on me, and didn't even take a wee moment to hesitate!" 

want a little more context as to explain what was happening? okay, here; you and ro went to your fourth thrift shop, and she found a-- she thought-- lovely pair of sunglasses. long story short, you said some things, as did she, and now here you both were. still arguing over the fact that you said-- and i quote-- that the glasses didn't suit here. and of course, she took that to offence and yeahh </3 

"look, you know i love you so so much. more than anything in this entire world!" you explained softly, "now why on earth would i insult you? on purpose? or at all for that matter?" you gave her a small smile, trying your absolute best to turn her cough cough adorable frown upside down. 

"hmm, yes, well, i do suppose you didn't mean it like that." she said gently. "but! you still hurt my feelings." she pouted at you cutely. 

"i know. and i feel terrible." you mimicked her expression, "can you please please please forgive me?" 

and of course she did. she brought you into a hug, you both shared a sweet kiss before you both sat down at a table near a window.

after the waitress had left after taking both your orders, you decided now was the best time to tell her,

"hey... rowena?" you asked softly. 

"yes, dear?" she smiled at you, big and bright. 

"y'know those sunglasses you said you loved and--" you gestured since you didn't want a reminder of the conflict. she understood what you meant, 

"yes?" she appeared confused, wondering where you were getting at.

"here." you smiled, a little shy. you lifted an item out of one of your bags.

you had gotten her them. 

 despite them being sunglasses in the shape of red lips.

she looked up at you, you were busy looking at the deserts menu already. of course she smiled, shaking her head knowingly. gosh, did she love you a whole lot. 

A/N: i didn't have a clue where i was going with this tbh xD but i hope you liked it anyway! :) anddd, thank you SO much for 8k reads wtf <3