Chapter Twenty Two.

My clothes were off before James even managed to shut the door, and I made it to the bathroom before he realized what was going on.

"Are you joining me?" I asked as he made his way to the doorway, watching me naked and covered in blood leaning over the tub to start running the water. He grinned, pulling at his clothes quickly, and was naked before I could stop laughing. I let my eyes flicker shamelessly down his body, and smiling gleefully when I saw he was already hard. I climbed slowly into the tub as the water continued to fill up, settling down so I was facing James and the door, and gestured to him to climb in after me. He did just that, sliding in so that he was facing me at the other side. I reached over to turn the water off, my eyes not leaving his, and let myself slip slowly down towards the water until I was fully submerged. I held my breath as I brought my arms up, scrubbing at my hair and my face, until I finally resurfaced, taking a large gulp of air. I brushed my hair back with my hands, blinking at James.

"Did I get most of it?" I asked. He laughed, leaning forward and taking my hips in his hands. He turned me around so that I was sitting between his legs, facing the same wall as he was, and he grabbed the cup on the side of the tub and started washing away the blood for me. The water slowly turned red, the more he scrubbed, until I felt his hands let go of the cup and reach forward to grab my waist. I smiled as he pulled me back, feeling his hard member pressing persistently against my back. I lifted my bum ever-so-slightly, and he pulled me further back as I invited him in. I lowered myself slowly, feeling him pressing up against me, and I turned my head slightly, looking at his face out the corner of my eye.

"Will you marry me?" he asked suddenly. My eyes widened at his words; it was the last thing I expected to hear him say, but before I could even respond, he had pushed himself forward, and nestled himself inside me completely. I let out a deep moan at the feeling, moving myself around on top of him as I closed my eyes. My hands gripped the sides of the tub tightly as James held my waist, moving me slowly on top of him.

"Rhea?" he murmured in my ear, taking a lob between his teeth and nibbling slightly. I giggled, tilting my head into him.

"Yeah?" I asked breathily.

"You didn't answer my question."

I let out another groan as I pulled myself up and pushed myself back down onto his length.

"What question?" I gasped.

"Will you marry me?"

I pulled myself up and turned myself around so I could face him, looking deeply into his eyes.

"Do you mean it?" I whispered.

"I don't care about the title," he murmured, leaning forward to place hot little kisses on my neck. "I never did. All I want is you. I want to wake up to your face every morning, and fall asleep to it every night. I want to make love to you in all hours of the day, and I want you to have my children. I never want to be parted from you, ever. So I will ask you again, but only once. Will. You. Marry. Me?"

I grinned. "Yes. More than anything else, yes."

He grinned back at me, grabbing hold of me and lifting me up as he stood, water running off both of us. He stepped out of the tub and walked through the bathroom door and back into the bedroom. He laid me down on the bed and lowered himself on top of me, looking me right in the eyes as he pressed himself into me slowly.

"You are everything I've ever dreamed about and more," he whispered, "and I will never know what I did to deserve you. But I will spend my entire life making you happy, because I love you."

I didn't know what to say in return, but it turned out I didn't need to as he pushed himself inside me as soon as the words left his mouth. I cried out at the feeling, lifting my arms up above my head to clutch onto my pillow as James lowered his head to my nipples. He thrust himself in and out, and I ground my hips up against him in time. We knew each other well, and we knew what each other liked and how each other moved, so it didn't take long for us to reach our destination.

I pushed at his shoulders and he grabbed onto me, picking me up and flipping us over until I was on top. I grinded my hips harder and harder into his body, feeling him slide in and out of me with ease. Our breaths quickened together, getting more and more sporadic, until finally, just as James lifted his hips higher up and groaned loudly, I felt myself completely fall apart, and I cried out loudly, clutching onto my mate's shoulders as I tensed my entire body from the feeling. I came to a steady stop above him, breathing hard and sweating immensely as I came down from the explosion, and smiled down at James gently. He smiled up at me with the same look on his face.

"I love you," he whispered.

"I love you just the same," I shot back with a cheeky smile, then looked up at the bathroom door. "Another bath? We are just as sweaty now as we were after that battle."

"Let's try and make sure the only reason we're getting sweaty from now on is because of sex," he replied with a grunt, to which I laughed as I climbed off of him and skipped off to the bathroom. I drained the reddish water and cleaned the tub out before running another bath. While I waited for the water to run, I turned around and faced the tall mirror on the side of the room. I looked into it, assessing the state my body was in. The scar that ran down my face wasn't attractive, but it was growing on me; it made me feel closer to Terk, as we now had something else in common. I was missing a finger; I still didn't like to look at it, as well as a few toes, but those were less obvious. My right leg was scarred with burn marks, covered completely. And my right arm was now scarred from the wolf bite earlier that day. But, if anything, I felt better than ever.

I frowned as a pain passed quickly through my stomach, and I lifted my arm quickly to put pressure on it. I dropped my gaze, inspecting my stomach, but nothing happened.

I felt the pain again, and my eyes widened. I saw a scene flash before my eyes, quick enough that I might've missed it if I blinked. But I saw. It was me, screaming and sweating from head to toe. I was lying in a bed, and everything else was grey. My stomach was huge, however; huge enough that when I zoned back in to the present, I knew exactly what it meant.

I gasped out loud, my hands moving quickly to my mouth. I saw James out the corner of my eye just as he moved through the doorway, and he froze as he saw me. I turned around quickly, my hands still on my mouth.

"What?" he said quickly. "What's going on? What happened?"

I stared at him, and then my gaze dropped to my naked self. I lowered my hands, that were now shaking, to cup my stomach gently. And that was when I felt it. No movement or anything, but rather a sensation. With my magic, I could sense the life that was starting to grow in me, and it was incredible.

I looked back up, still in shock.

"James... I'm pregnant."

He stared at me for a while, almost unable to comprehend my words, until his eyes flickered down to my stomach. I held my hand out to him, and he stepped forward to take it. I guided it to my stomach, laying my hand over his, and closed my eyes. I allowed the energy that ran through my body to run through his, and as soon as I did, he gasped and pulled his hand away quickly.

"You're pregnant," he announced quickly. "We're pregnant."

I laughed in joy, realizing everything that this meant. We now had an heir; our child, that would take the throne when the time came. We were going to have a baby. Our baby, who would carry on our blood and legacy when we were gone. A small being that would be a mix of me and James. The perfect little child. A dream.

"This child will be loved more than anything," I whispered, leaning up to nuzzle into the crook of James' neck. "We did this, James."

"We're pretty good at it," he joked as he kissed the top of my head. "Want to try again? You know, just to be sure."

I laughed and squealed as James lifted me up and wrapped my legs around his waist, and he kissed me like there was no tomorrow.

And in that moment, life was truly blissful and everything was right.