Haikyuu!! Tobio's Girl Chapter 18

Reina anxiously went up the stairs to the platform. When she saw Kageyama standing there, she felt so relieved and happy that she almost skipped to him.

'You're here... early," she said and smiled.

"Osu. Hello. You look... beautiful. As always," Kageyama said awkwardly as if he had the line prepared and rehearsed.

"Thank you. You look good too. So different. Festive almost." Reina answered.

"You think so?" he asked. He was wearing some jeans and a black polo t-shirt. It was the least dressy outfit he managed to dig up out of a pile of weird clothes that Miwa and his mom had bought him of their own volition.

"Well, I only ever see you in your uniform or a tracksuit, so... I'm easy to impress," Reina said, giggling.

"Shall we go then?" Tobio said, took her hand, and led her to the arriving train.

Is there anything you want to do?" she asked Kageyama when they went out to a trendy street downtown. She didn't plan a perfect date this time. Instead of chasing couple goals, she decided to just go with the flow.

"Right... Just give me a moment." Tobio said while sneakily looking at a piece of paper he took out from his pocket.

"What do you have there?" Reina asked curiously.

"Nothing..." he said, hiding it in his hand.

"Show me" She tried to take it away from him, but he swiftly put his hand up high. Of course, she couldn't reach. "Tobio, it's getting annoying. What are you hiding?"

"Okay, don't get mad. I'll confess," he said, looking a little embarrassed. "I wanted to do it right, so I asked my sister for some pointers. She's the only person with dating experience that I know."

Reina burst out laughing. Tobio looked a little hurt.

"Oh sorry, it's just... that was unexpected but so sweet of you. I can't wait. What do you propose?" she said.

"Mmm..." He looked at his notes again. "Do you want to go see a movie?"

"Definitely not," Reina answered.

"Why not? Isn't it the most date-like thing to do?"

"I won't spend my rare, precious date letting you sleep for 2 hours. We've met late as it is."

"What makes you think that I would fall asleep?"

"When was the last time you watched something longer than 15 minutes that wasn't a volleyball match?"

"I guess you have a point there. Another idea..." he said, going back to his cheat sheet.

"Have you eaten yet? We met so soon after practice," she asked.

"Well, not a whole meal. I just grabbed some nikuman from Sakanoshita on the way home. I was in a hurry."

"Then maybe we should go eat first."

"Right... do you want to go to this café?" He showed her an address on his phone. "Supposedly, it's a fancy and popular place."

"Well, I can't say I'm not tempted. I mean... to see you try to fill your stomach with fancy, overpriced, tiny desserts they served there. It would be quite entertaining. Didn't you say you don't like sweets?"

"Never mind me, I can manage. You're supposed to go to a fancy place for a date, right? Oh..." Tobio's eyes noticed something behind her shoulder that made them sparkle with excitement.