Chapter 13

Devons Pov:

"Claire, wait. Please." I quickly rush after her and wrap my arms around her from behind.

"I'm sorry." I mutter while burying my face in her shoulder.

"I'm just so..insecure about everything with you." I mumble embarrassedly.

"Why?" Claire asks softly and I can't help but slightly blush from embarrassment.

"I don't want to loose you again. All I do is hurt you." I say, on which she turns around to face me.

"That's not true." She tells me but I just look down.

"Yes it is. I hurt you when I left, I hurt you at the party. And now I did again." I mumble and sigh.

But then I suddenly feel her take my hand. "I didn't say goodbye to you back then. I told you that I don't trust you even though I did. I'm not as great as you think." Claire says with a sad smile.

"I'm so sorry that I just didn't talk to you anymore before you left. When my parents found out about..stuff, they didn't let me see you anymore. I shouldn't have let them get through with it. You mean so much to me a-"

She stopped talking when I hug her tightly. She was frozen for a few seconds but then wraps her arms around me as well and hugs me back.

"Let's just forget what happened back then." I mutter, on which she holds onto me tighter.

"I'd like that."

I then take a deep breath before gently kissing her cheek. When I slowly pull away I find her staring at me with slightly wide eyes.

"Do you want to come over after school today? You know..like old times.." I ask shyly, which makes her smile widly.

"Really?! I'd love to!" Claire answers excitedly, making me smile as well.

"You two lovebirds, why don't you start playing volleyball as well?" Coach says, which makes us both blush.

*****

PE is now over and we're back in the changeroom. Chloe and Megan are all bubbly ever since they coupled up for PE. It's cute to see them so smiley again. But I know there's still a part of Chloe that's sad about the conversation earlier.

"So..you two seem really happy." I comment with a smirk, making Chloe and Megan blush deeply.

"Shut up.." Chloe mutters embarrassedly while hitting my arm.

I laugh at that. "Aww, c'mon. You love me." I joke while pulling her towards me and hugging her from behind.

"No hitting." I mutter while burying my face in her shoulder.

Chloe chuckles. "Okay you big baby." She patts my head, making me chuckle as well.

I then look to Megan, who's slightly glaring at me. "Sorry, sorry." I pull away from Chloe and gently push her to Megan, who quickly wraps her arms around her waist to catch her.

Chloe looks up to her with wide eyes but then her face slowly turns into a soft smile. Megan returns that smile as she stares down at her.

"Look at you playing matchmaker." I hear Claire whisper in my ear, making me look at her.

I chuckle at that and shrug. "They're both just too shy to do anything."

I then take off my shirt to change back into my normal clothes.

"So..are you interested in someone?" Claire asks shyly, making my eyes slightly widen.

"Um.." my face slowly turns red. "Yeah." I answer truthfully.

"Oh..okay." She mutters, which makes me look at her.

"And you?" I ask softly, on which she avoids my eyes.

"Maybe.." Claire mumbles shyly before talking off her shirt as well.

My eyes slightly widen at that and we just stare at each other.

"Godammit, just fuck already." We hear Megan groan, making us quickly look away from each other.

My face is probably so red right now..

"Megan!" Claire exclaims embarrassedly, making her just laugh.

Claire then quickly gets changed and grabs her stuff.

"I'll wait for you outside.." she mutters embarrassedly before quickly rushing out of the changeroom.

"Dude, why?!" I whine, which makes Chloe and Megan laugh.

"I hate both of you." I mumble while crossing my arms grumpily.

"I was just saying what everyone was thinking." Megan replies with a smirk, making me blush again.

"See you tomorrow." I say and quickly put on my hoodie before rushing out as well with my stuff.

Behind me I could hear them laugh at me.

Idiots..