Chapter 17

Devons Pov:

"We're home!"

I hear my mom's yell, making me look at the door.

But Claire then quickly gets off the counter and fixes her hair and clothes, making me chuckle.

"Shut up." She mumbles embarrassedly while hitting my arm.

"Uhh, it smells good in here." Mama comments but her and Mom's face turn into a frown when they see Claire.

I mouth 'Claire' to them and their eyes widen at that.

"Oh wow, Claire. It's great to see you again." Mom says and goes to hug her.

Claire takes a while but then hugs her back. "Group hug!" Mama exclaims before literally jumping on them, making us laugh.

I watch them hug with crossed arms and a big smile on my face. But a few minutes after they pull away.

"Damn, you grew up so fast!" Mom whines with a smile, making us chuckle.

"Well you two still look as young and pretty as before." Claire mutters, which makes me gasp.

"Are you flirting with my mom's?" I ask, acting all hurt while I walk over to her.

Claire can't help but chuckle as she slowly walks backwards, away from me. But a few steps later her back bumps against the kitchen counter, making me smirk. I put my hands on the counter, trapping her between my arms.

I grin. "Can't walk away now."

Claire immediately start to blush, so she looks down. I can see her biting her lip, making my grin even widen.

"Would you've preferred if I flirted with you, huh?" She asks while looking back up to me, on which my eyes slightly widen.

"Uhh, hot comeback." I hear Mama comment, which makes me blush.

"Mama!" I groan embarrassedly, making them laugh.

I put my head down on Claire's shoulder with a sigh. But then I feel her hand on the back of my head, where my undercut is, and gently scratches it. I can't stop smiling because of that and bury my face more in her shoulder with a sigh.

"Damn..can't you just stay here forever? I've never seen Devon stop talking this fast." Mom says, which makes me lift my head with a groan.

"No no." Claire cups my cheeks and pulls my face back towards hers.

But then I just pout, making her smile. "Don't look at me like that." She tells me but I just shrug while continuing to pout.

"So..we're gonna put the groceries in the freezer." I hear mom say, on which I turn my head to look at them.

"Yeah, we're still here." Mama adds with a smirk.

I groan. "We'll be in my room." I mumble while taking Claire's hand and pulling her with me.

"What about the food?" She asks, so I stop walking.

"Um..I started making pasta. Could you.. um.."

"Yeah, we call you when it's finished." Mom cuts me off with a smile, making me smile as well.

"Thanks."