Chapter 15

Devons Pov:

Claire and I just arrived at my place. The car ride was..awkward. I guess we both still had Megan's words from earlier in mind..

"So..how are your mom's?" Claire asks shyly as we walk towards the front door.

"They're good. They missed you though. And mama really missed singing with you." I answer with a small smile while opening the door.

"They're not here yet though." I add as we take off our jackets and shoes.

"Hey, Devon?" Claire calls me, making me look at her.

"Do you want to join the theater club? Chloe can too if she wants.." she asks shyly, which makes me freeze up.

"I-I don't know, Claire. I've never sung and danced in front of other people." I mumble nervously.

She then suddenly walks closer to me and takes my hands, making my eyes slightly widen.

"I know, I know. But you don't need to join if you don't want to. It was just a suggestion." Claire says calmly, on which my hands slowly stop shaking.

"But I'd be really happy if you do. It's been so long since we've sung together." She adds, making me smile a little.

"Let me think about it.." she immediately nods.

"Yes, of course." Claire answers and I smile while giving her hands a gently squeeze before pulling away.

I go over into the kitchen and then turn back around to look at Claire. I lean my arms on the kitchen counter.

"Hungry?" I ask with a smirk and she nods instantly.

I chuckle. "Well what do you want, m'lady?"

On that Claire walks over to me. I expected her to stop in front of the counter, across from me but that didn't happen. She walks around the kitchen counter, towards me. She wraps her arms around my waist and hugs me from behind, nuzzling her face into my back.

"You comfy back there?" I ask
and she immediately hums in response, making me smile.

"Does pasta sound good?" I suggest and she nods quickly.

"Sounds perfect." She mumbles against my back.

"Why so cuddly all of sudden?" I ask as I put everything in place.

Well..those things I can reach from this position.

But then she suddenly pulls away, which makes me turn around to face her.

"Hey, I didn't say pull away." I say while wrapping my arms around her and pulling her into me.

She puts her hands on my chest and we both just stare at each other.

I want to kiss her so bad right now..

"Claire?" I call her and she hums in response, not looking or moving away from me.

"Can..can I kiss you?" I ask softly, which makes her eyes widen instantly.

Fuck..

"I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked.." I mutter while quickly pulling away from her, ashamed and embarrassed of myself.

"Devon-"

"No!" I slightly yell, making her flinch a little.

My eyes widen at that. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I- sorry." I look away from her and start to search for the stuff I need to make dinner.

Claire calls me again but I don't react. I just continue looking for the things I need.

"Stop being so stubborn." She says annoyed before punching my arm.

I finally look at her at that. "I never said no, did I?"