4.The Battles Begun⚔️

Voight was working on some paper work in his office when Jay came in. "Platt said that she needed you. Something about a tag?" He asked. Voight looked up at him curiously as he set down his pen. "Any idea what that's about?" He continued.

"No." He answered, "No idea." He frowned and got up from his chair as he shrugged and turned to leave the room. "If I have to leave, hold down the fort okay?"

"Sure thing boss." Voight made his way down the stairs as his mind reeled trying to imagine what Platt could want.

"Voight," she called from her usual post at the front desk. Her hair was pulled back into a uniform bun and her face was set into the stern look she always wore. "That tag you had me put on that building over on Washinaw- that little shady building-we got a call complaining of noise and possible domestic violence."

"Okay, I'm on my way," He stated zipping up his coat.

"Hey! Do you want some back-up?" Platt yelled from her desk.

"No." He was in a so much of a hurry he didn't look back. "I'll be fine." Ten minutes of driving at full speed and Voight was at Teddy's apartment building. He knew this was going to happen sooner or later so he had Platt put a tag on her apartment building that alerted him there was a call . In the three weeks he hadn't seen Teddy there had been four calls. When he first decided to do this he didn't think about how it was a shady place and the calls weren't necessarily going to be dealing with her. None of them so far had been. Voight made it up three floors of stairs to where the noise was coming from, and sure enough it was coming from Teddy's door. His heart raced as he heard the sound of a drunken voice yelling and a young girl squealing from pain. His words were slurred but boomed through the building.

"Chicago PD, open up!" Voight yelled, through the door. The racket never stopped.

"I'll give you one more warning, open up, or I'll breakdown the door." Nothing. He counted to three and on three he shoved his shoulder into the door forcing it open. Another scream came from inside the apartment. Voight hovered his hand over his gun and went towards the noise. When he turned down the hallway leading to the bathroom he saw a sight he would never forget. There was the man that he suspected to be Frank standing over Teddy with his fist drawn. "Get away from her!" Voight yelled pulling his gun. He couldn't see Teddy, except for part of her leg, but he could tell she was in pretty bad shape because of the blood trailing the floor.

The dark haired man turned around with anger strewn across his face to see Voight standing behind him. He was at least six foot four, and towered over him, but Voight wasn't like the innocent little girl that Frank was used to dominating. "You called the cops Teddy? I swear to god I'm going to kill you. I thought last time you learned that you don't call the cops."

"I didn't, I swear." She cried cowering from his look. The way she said those words shot a pain through Hanks heart,

"Get away from her." Voight yelled again. Putting Frank into a hold, getting ready to cuff him, but he was to quick. Before he could Frank pushed Voight against the wall and fled out the door. Voight thought about chasing him but then his attention was caught by the moaning of the girl "Oh Teddy. Voight cooed, bending down to the girls level. Her face was covered with blood, with cuts above her eye and on her lip, and her body was covered in bruises that were just beginning to appear.

"Leave me alone," She hissed trying to get herself off the ground. Voight grabbed her wrist before she could get anywhere. Her voice was weak, it sounded fragile and broken.

"Come with me, let me help you." His voice was soft, and soothing. She made it to her feet with Voight's hand still entrapping her.

"I don't want your help, I'm fine. Now let me go!" She yelled, squirming against his hold. She couldn't let him help her, she just wanted to go to her room and sleep it off like any other night, and she wanted her life to be normal.