1. 𝗖𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗿𝗼𝗹, 𝗨𝗱𝗮𝘆. 𝗖𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗿𝗼𝗹..

"Bhot durr aayi ho tum, haarne ke liye toh bilkul nahi."

Mahoor

Wiping the blood from the corner of my mouth, my eyes roamed around keenly at my facial features in the mirror if there was any other harm or any other injury on my face.

A cut on the left eyebrow, a bruise on the right cheekbone and a busted lip.

Great!

Just GREAT!!

I sighed again for the third time in a row. My scholarship was at the risk because of the stunt that was pulled on at the college's compound. I have never gotten into fights since eighth grade but now I was in the first year of university aur yeh haal hai mera!

I removed my spectacles and placed them on the marble slab and turning on the knob of the tap, I splashed some water on my face.

R.I.P moisturizer and sunscreen.

The cold water made my skin feel a little better and it did burn a little at the cheekbone area.

My lip wouldn't have busted out because that imbecile did not know how to hit properly. It was because I got braces on my teeth a week ago and had to bear this wire in my mouth for two years.

In two hours I'm supposed to be on the train to Hyderabad and attend my cousin's wedding. The amount of concerns and sarcastic questions will be thrown on my way would be too hard to bear.

I felt some shifting of someone's feet behind me and I instantly knew it was my best friend Vani, who went out to grab some ointment and tissues from the college's clinic.

"I told you not to give that bitch a single particle of attention then why did you snap?"

I held the wash basin slab and took a breath, "She again involved my dad and I couldn't take it so I swung a punch across her face."

Her name was Vani Singh and we were inseparable since high school. In my good times or at my worst, she stayed.

We have had a ton of ups and downs and we faced it all together. After all, what are best friends for?

Vani's eyes softened. She knew my dad was a very sensitive topic to talk about and nothing in the world could stop me from lunging on them if they would talk shit about my father.

She unscrewed the ointment's tube cap and pinched out a small amount of it on her finger and made me face her. She applied the gel on the cheekbone and for the love of god, it stung like hell.

"I know whatever she said was really unnecessary but she was trying to get on your nerves, Mahi. And look, she succeeded. She's trying her best to get you out of the college and she knows," she moved back as she completed the task and while washing her hands she continued, "that because of your violent behavior you will lose your scholarship."

I crossed my hands on my chest and faced her, "So I should tolerate whatever trash she threw my way? It was really fine till she came at me but the moment she intervened my dad into her stupid tactics, I lost it, bro."

She closed the tab and pulled out her kerchief from the back of her jeans pocket and wiped her hands, "Mahoor, you have a reputation to protect, she doesn't. What if someone was recording and the next moment you would be the highlight of the internet."

"Nobody is the highlight of the internet with eighty thousand followers on Instagram."

She rolled her eyes, "You are a growing influencer and soon you will be coming up in a drama even if it's a second lead role, it is a must cause that you should protect your goodwill. You didn't work so damn hard just to lose it all because of one fight."