Karaoke or Chaos

The doorbell rings and Tori groans.

"Hailee, can you get the door?"

"I'm making eggs... can you?" I ask. The doorbell rings again. Tori rolls off the couch.

"What?" she grunts to whoever is at the door. I shake my head and butter my toast.

"Nice to see you, too," Beck's voice greets. I turn to the fridge and get out the orange juice.

"Thanks for the sunshine," Andre adds.

"Wow, you look horrible," Robbie deadpans. I look at the boy.

"What a ladies' man," I tell him sarcastically. Tori plops back onto the couch, hugging a pillow.

"Why are you guys here?" she asks.

"Because we knew you were taking care of Trina," Beck says.

"So we brought frozen yogurt," Andre tells her, handing her a bag.

"Later! I'm making eggs for everyone," I state.

"Can I have some?"

"Sit down," I tell him, serving him a plate. He sits at the table.

"I'm sorry, you guys are so sweet. I'm just crazy because Trina kept me up all night," Tori explains. "And that was with Hailee's help."

"Where is Trina anyway?" Beck asks. Tori points at the piano behind them.

"You tied her up?" Andre asks. I take a bite of my toast as I keep making breakfast.

"We had to!" Tori replies.

"She refused to take her antibiotic and after Tori tried forcing her to take it... it got worse," I explain.

"She started to swing at me, so we had to do that."

"At least she's sleeping," Robbie says.

"Unless she's dead," Beck tells him. Tori shakes her head.

"Nah, she's sleeping... I'm pretty sure," Tori says. I look over to see Tori checking Trina's pulse and then nodding.

* * *

It's been thirty minutes and now the boys are untying Trina in the kitchen while I sit on the couch. Tori answers the door again and Jade and Cat greet her.

"We need you too," Jade calls to me.

"All right, let's go outside," Tori says. "I don't wanna be in here when they get that tape off her mouth."

* * *

Jade and Cat filled us in about a plan to get back at the girls from last night, now we're at Karaoke Dokie and Tori is disguised. Separately, I decided to perform and Caleb came to watch.

"Alright, kid. What's your name?" the announcer asks me. I pull the mic closer to me.

"I'm Hailee Valentine," I reply. I feel my knees turning slightly wobbly. Maybe it's because you don't go to Hollywood Arts for singing. I push the thought out of my head.

"Alright, Hailee. What will you be singing tonight?"

"I'm gonna sing Crush by Paramore." 

* * *

After singing, there was a moment of silence before I heard my friends cheering, followed by everyone else. I sheepishly smile before walking off the stage. I sit with Caleb when I see Cat and Jade make their way to the two girls from yesterday.

"That was amazing!" Caleb tells me.

"Thanks," I reply. "Do you want to watch Tori sing?"

Caleb thinks for a minute. "How about a movie?"

"Sure, let's d-" I abruptly stop talking when I remember something. "On second thought, I should check in on the boys and Trina."

"Alright, next time?"

"Definitely."

* * *

I walk in the door to see Andre and Beck holding Trina down.

"The doctor's instructions say that your gum sockets need to be rinsed with salt water, so they don't get infected!" Robbie shouts.

"Less talking, more doing!" I exclaim.

"Did you get the gum sockets?" Andre asks. 

"I think so, let me check," Robbie says, getting closer to Trina's face. Trina bites his nose and freaks out. "She bit my nose!" 

The three boys start freaking out and Trina pulls out martial arts moves. By the time she's spinning, I stand on the couch and jump on top of her, landing the two of us on the floor.

"Stop. Doing that!" I yell, holding her hands down. "Andre, give me the rope."

* * *

With Trina tied up, it was easier to take care of her individually. While Andre was watching her, Robbie was eating a sandwich, and I was sitting on the stairs. Beck walks over.

"What's so bad that you won't tell me?" Beck asks. He places his hand on the railing. 

"It's nothing," I respond, inching away. Beck sighs and sits down.

"That's obviously a lie. You told me you couldn't be friends with me."

I look at Beck. "I had to. It's helped me."

"You mean you've been talking to Caleb, who you've only known for a couple of weeks, instead of me."

"Caleb has nothing to do with this," I snap. Beck scoffs. He just scoffed at me?

"I think you like him and it's clouding your judgment," Beck deadpans. My eyes widen. Does he honestly think I like Caleb? Sure, Caleb is a great guy. But I don't... do I?

"Well, that can't be it. I already know I like someone else," I blurt. My cheeks instantly flush. How dumb can I be? My phone starts ringing. Caleb. "I gotta take this."

* * *

Authors Note

I just wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone who has been reading this.
(Especially because I'm so bad at regularly updating.) 

I hope everyone's still enjoying the story and if you have any ideas, feel free to leave them in the comments!