Dramatic Dramatic, New York Theatric Pt 2

One last plane ride later, I land in New York and see Sofia Michelle waiting for me along with someone else. I approach the pair.

"Hi, Miss Michelle. It's so great to see you again," I greet the woman. She glances at me and slightly smiles.

"Hailee, you can call me Sofia," she tells me. I nod. She then gestures to the person beside her. "This is Caleb. He's going to be your travel buddy."

"Hi, nice to meet you," Caleb says as he reaches his hand out.

I give him a small smile before shaking his hand. After a few minutes of small talk outside, Sofia checks her watch.

"Oh my goodness, how time flies!" She exclaims. "I have to get to a meeting. Caleb, do you mind showing Hailee around the city?"

"Not at all," he replies with a smile. We say our goodbyes before she calls a taxi. Once she's gone, I turn to Caleb.

"So, where should we go?" I ask him.

"I can show you where we'll be staying and then we can head to the theatre," he suggests.

"That sounds great," I agree.

*******

We got to the hotel and I checked into my room. As we head up Caleb and I attempt to talk a bit more.

"So where are you from?" I ask.

"I grew up in Cambridge," he tells me.

"Oh... that's why you have that cute accent," I think.

"You think my accent is cute?" He asks. I slightly cringe.

"I said that out loud?" I mutter. Caleb laughs at my carelessness.

"No worries, I think your accent is cute too," he replies. He paused before speaking again. "How about you, where are you from?"

"California," I sigh. "Born and raised."

"Do you meet celebrities often?"

"Sofia is the only one so far," I admit. We stop at a random room number.

"This is my room in case you need me at all," Caleb tells me. I nod. We walk just a few steps further until we're outside of my room number. I drop my suitcase in the room, but keep my purse.

"All right, let's head to the theatre," I say. Caleb nods and we leave the hotel.

*******

Once we get to the theatre, I see all sorts of amazing costumes and I hear some of the actors run through their lines.

"I'm so nervous, when do we start?" I mumble to Caleb.

"Sofia should be done with her meeting soon, then we'll start," he answers. We hear doors open loudly and see Sofia walk in.

"Alright, I want to see improvements on this stage," Sofia starts. "Hailee?"

"Yes?" I ask.

"We'll start from the top of the show and input the dancing as we go," she says. "Tomorrow we'll get into the nitpicking." I nod. We sit down and she gives me a script.

*******

I woke up at 6 the next day, absolutely exhausted. We went through the show 2 full times yesterday and I had to choreograph on the spot. There were 19 songs that required choreography. We ran through all of them 3 times.

I got to New York at 10 am yesterday and didn't get to my hotel room until 1 in the morning. Plus, I'm in a different time zone. I hear a knock on the hotel door. I rush to answer it. Caleb stands at the door with a smile on his face.