Pooka Fish and Hot Cheese

A/N: The face claim for Caleb is Gregg Sulkin

A/N: The face claim for Caleb is Gregg Sulkin. Enjoy!

***

I was trying to go to sleep when my phone started chiming.

"Who is awake at this hour?" I question, exhausted. I answer the phone. "Hello?"

"Hi, Hailee. It's Caleb. From New York?" the familiar accent says through the phone.

"Oh, yeah! How are you?" I ask him.

"That's actually why I wanted to call you. One of my aunts is friends with the principal at Hollywood Arts and I start tomorrow!" he tells me.

"That's so exciting!" I say. "Are you going to be staying with friends? Family?"

"I'll be staying with my grandparents, they don't live too far."

"That's great. I guess I'll see you tomorrow then," I tell him.

"See you tomorrow!" Caleb answers. I hang up and flop on my bed. Time to sleep.

**********

I walk into Lane's office to meet Caleb to be his tour buddy. Unsurprisingly, I see Caleb sitting and chatting with Lane.

"Good morning," I greet the two.

"Hailee. we were just talking about you," Lane says.

"All good things," Caleb assures me. I grin at him.

"I sure would hope so," I joke. "What's going on?"

"Caleb's going to be shadowing you, and maybe you could invite him to the kickback," Lane suggests.

"Sounds great," I agree. 

"I will see you two another time," Lane says, pushing us out the door.

"He's strange," Caleb states after Lane shuts the door. 

"You haven't seen the half of it," I tell him.

"He uses ketchup as a lotion," Caleb explains, showing a look of disgust. I pat his shoulder.

 "That's Lane. Wanna go to our first class to start?" 

"Okay," Caleb agrees.

_ _ _

It's lunch and I approach the lunch table with Caleb.

"Hey, guys!" I chirp. Caleb and I are greeted by a chorus of 'heys' and 'hi's'.

"Who's the new guy?" Jade asks.

"This is Caleb! He's interested in sculptures and painting," I explain. Everyone seems to turn back to their food. "Woah there, don't be too welcoming, you might scare him off."