Chapter 11

AREFA'S POV

After a few days, it was already Friday. I've been chatting to Diego on the phone and we've become closer. I went dress shopping with Bella yesterday and came home with a nice dress and some shapewear. I had to get ready for my date today. I was still lying in bed, scared. Even though I had the entire day to prepare, I was nonetheless nervous. I got up and prepared myself some breakfast while binge-watching Lucifer.

Time had flown rapidly, and I needed to get ready. I got ready by showering, then putting on my shapewear, black dress, and combat boots. I'm not good at makeup , so I settled for just red lipstick. I heard a knock at my front door after a while. I was met by Diego's bright smile when I opened it. 'You look lovely, Tesoro,' he added before handing me a box and telling me to open it after our date. He then took my hand in his and brought me to his vehicle.

............

Diego has been driving for about an hour and won't tell me where we're heading. 'We're almost there, Tesoro, but don't stare at me like that or we won't make it.' I was staring at him for a long time and didn't realize it. I blushed as I shifted my gaze to the side. 'I didn't say you should stop staring; I just asked you not to look at me with those eyes while I'm driving.' Do you want us to have an accident, tesoro?' he asked.

He kept driving till he couldn't see any more city lights. I was growing increasingly agitated as he began to take a dodgy path. 'Calm down, Tesoro, I see you clenching your dress, do you not have trust in me?' he asked. I told him that I did and i was just interested in getting to our destination.I lied,i was getting scared. He returned his gaze to the road after adoringly looking at me. He eventually came to a halt after a few moments. He said, "We are here." 'Where is this place? No one appears to be in the area, and it appears to be abandoned.'

I was beginning to doubt myself. Is this how I'm going to die? If that's the case, at the very least I'll get to finally be my grandmother on the other side. She is the only person who has ever truly loved me. Diego exited the vehicle and walked over to the passenger side to open the door. What was I thinking going to a place this far out of town with a person I'd only known for a few days? He opened my car door, and I was prepared for whatever was waiting for me outside. He grabbed my hand and yanked me out of the car. I prayed and braced myself for the worst. I could feel myself becoming agitated. My palms began to sweat, and my heart began to race.

When I was completely out of the car, Diego dragged me into his arms. 'Are you all OK, Tesoro? Do you not want to be here? Arefa,you're barely breathing'. He drew me in for a hug and began whispering in my ear that everything will be fine. When I finally returned to normal, I glanced into his eyes and saw that he looked concerned. I asked, 'Are you not going to kill me now?' 'No tesoro,' he said, holding my chin and forcing me to stare at him, 'why would you think that amore?' 'It's only that you took me to this sketchy spot, so....' I began bawling.

'It's OK, Tesoro.look up amore.' ' The sky was magnificent and full of stars when I gazed up. I've never seen a more stunning sky. Now I felt awful for expecting the worst when all Diego had ever done for me was be kind and considerate. 'I brought you here because I thought you'd enjoy it,' he said as he sat on the car's hood. This is a site where my mother used to take my brother and me before she passed, and I wanted to share it with you. He rose to his feet and wiggled his automobile keys around his index finger.'But, because you don't seem to like the place, I can take you to a good restaurant.'

'Oh, Diego, of course I like the place.' I've never seen a sky with so many stars. I've just been through a lot, and it's really difficult for me to trust people. I'm truly sorry, Diego.' He approached me and hugged me, saying, "It's okay, Tesoro." He whispered sweet nothings to me and asked if I was comfortable here again. I assured him a million times, and he took a blanket and food from his car and placed them on the hood. I was afraid I'd bend the car hood due to my weight, but he assured me that I wouldn't, so I sat with him and we spent the night talking and laughing.

...............

Finally done with chapter 11.What do you guys think of Arefa and Diego?

Let me know in the comments

Please do not forget to LIKE,SHARE and COMMENT❤💕💕