Chapter 14

AREFA'S POV

I had to go to work today, so I woke up as normal, kissed Diego, and woke him up. 'You know how much I enjoy it when you tesoro wake me up like that.' I grinned and got out of bed to go to the shower. I finished and prepared myself for work. While Diego was showering, I prepared and served breakfast while waiting for him to join me. He kissed my cheek and ate as he got out of the shower. We finished, washed our hands, and walked over to his car. He kissed me goodbye as he dropped me off at work. I kissed him back and exited after telling him to enjoy his day at work.I looked back as he drove away and thought of how lucky i am.

I walked in and went to the rear to meet Aurora and Bella. We spent more time together because they had become like family to us. Before we had to open the coffee shop, we talked for a bit. Vincent the psycho arrived at the coffee shop a few minutes after it opened. For the past two months, he has been coming here almost every day. He was no longer repulsed by me,or at least that is what I think. We'd settled into a rhythm that made his presence more bearable for both of us. He had made it plain that I would be the only one to serve him, and he would come here practically every morning and sit on the corner without ordering.i already knew his order so i would make it and take it to him and he would pay and depart, always leaving a large tip for me. It made my job easier by not talking to each other.He had a sinister atmosphere about him, which I suppose comes with being a mob boss. I just wish he had some manners and could say please and thank you.

My phone rang after a few minutes, and when I answered it, it was Diego. He assured me that he arrived at work safely. He did this frequently, and it made me feel good that he wanted me to be aware of his whereabouts at all times. My phone rang again after a few minutes. I thought it was Diego, but the voice on the other end of the line made me cringe and drop my phone. Bella became aware of this and rushed up to my side, asking if I was okay. I had never told anyone about them, and whenever someone inquired, I would change the subject. When I felt Bella shake me, I jerked out of my trance and looked at her.

'I'm fine, just dizzy,' I replied. She led me to the rear of the building, set me down, and handed me a bottle of water. 'Arefa, you can always go home and rest, you've been working too hard,'Bella said. 'No Bella, just give me a few minutes, I'll be OK,' I said, plastering a convincing smile on my face, and she nodded and walked away.

'Arefa, why were you hiding from your mother and father?' The words kept repeating over and over in my head. My biggest nightmare has just come true. I'm not sure how they found me here. I'd done a good job of covering my tacks. I was frightened. I had to flee Italy before they discovered my location. I can't risk them finding out who I am, let alone Diego or Layla, because they already have my contact information. They'd demolish them to get at me, I'm sure. I'm not going to take the chance. I've saved enough money to relocate to another country. I'm leaving today when I get off work. I'll write a letter to Diego since I can't risk changing my mind about leaving. This is something I'm doing for him and Layla.

..............

What do you guys think now that Arefa's parents are in the picture and where do you think Arefa is relocating to??

PLEASE VOTE,SHARE AND COMMENT