Chapter 12

AREFAS'S POV

A week after our date, Diego and I were officially dating. A few days after our date, he asked me to be his girlfriend, and I accepted. I love how he treats me like a queen. He calls to see how I'm doing, sends me random texts throughout the day, and brings me gifts. He's been the most wonderful boyfriend a girl could possibly have. Bella and Aurora were overjoyed for me, and I was in the best mood I'd had in years. I never imagined someone could love me as much as Diego did. He loved me loudly and firmly, and there is nothing in our relationship that I would change.

.........

It is a Saturday morning and I am at work when suddenly the door bell rings and the psychotic  man showed there when the doorbell rang. I had thought that I would never have to deal with him in my life, but it appears that I will. He entered the room as if he owned it. He radiated power, and you could feel it. I wanted to slap him, but I didn't want to risk my life, so I smiled and greeted him. 'Good morning, sir. My name is Arefa, and I'll be taking your order. I asked him if he wanted takeout or if he wanted to eat in. 'Caffe correto,' he murmured as he walked past me with a condescending sneer on his face. He didn't even say hello or acknowledge me. He was an obnoxious scumbag.

I returned with his order, and he paid, stood up, and walked away. Exactly like that. I double-checked and saw that he had left a sizable gratuity. I wouldn't mind serving him every time if he tipped like this on a regular basis.

I was finally done with work and I was returning home. I get to see Layla for the first time in almost a week. We played catch last week, and I told her about some African legends that my grandmother used to tell me when I was a kid. I really missed her. I got home, ate, and rested for a while before heading to the park. When I arrived, Layla was waiting for me with tears in her eyes. 'I had assumed I'd never see you again snuggles.' She snuggled up to my leg and grabbed on for dear life. After that, I took her up and consoled her. After that, we spent the rest of the day in the park, and when it was time for them to leave, my heart ached a little. I wish I had more time to spend with her.I guess i have to wait for next week.

When I returned to my place, I discovered Diego cooking. I didn't mind because I had given him my house keys to move in. I declined to move into his apartment since he wanted us to live together, and he offered to move into mine instead. I know it appears like we are going quickly, but there is no such thing as 'too fast' when you meet someone with whom you want to spend the rest of your life. He kissed my cheek as I greeted him and sat down. We ate and talked for a little while before going to bed. We slept and cuddled.

...........

Hey y'all thanks for the views and comments.please LIKE,COMMENT and SHARE

Varsity is starting to get hectic so i decided to fit the whole story in 8 chapters that i will update in five or six days.

Once more thank you so much for the support