Prologue

-
-
-
-
-

"Long ago in the distant lands of the Vikings, lived the tribes, one of the biggest tribes to exist was the Hooligan tribe.

They lived where no man would dare to exist, near the Dragons Edge.

The people flourished and thrived in their good soil and riches, but they always laid low when they spoke of the creatures that flew in the sky.

They said they looked human, but possessed the traits of dragons.

They were stronger than humans and flew with the dragons, they had horns that were said to be their very bones sticking from their head.

They had wings that would cut through the wind and could become tougher than dragon hide.

They believed that their wings and horns were made from the first dragon himself.

No one knows where they came from or how they even came to be, but some people believed that the first humans were the children of the god, Níðhöggr.

The Serpent dragon, the first Dragon to ever exist. The father of All dragons. Not wanting them to be isolated from the humans, created from Odin and his two brothers, Vili and Ve.

The Two brothers, tried to accept the inhuman creatures, but couldn't and banished them to the Underground, where they served the Goddess Hel even if they were considered abnormal and strange,  Odin took pity on the creatures, and gave them more human attributes, but legend has it they still hold the anger of when they were cast out from Earth for not being good enough in the gods' eyes."

Said Stoick, as he lifted the young HIccup, the small boy giggled, and asked,

"Where are they now?"

Stoick sighed and said, "Still out there protecting their herds of dragons." He said,

"They come back to take our livestock and food, and we fight for our lands, and one day, you'll fight one and claim their wings like I did."

Hiccup tilted his head confused, "Why the wings?" He asked,
"The wings are the most important parts of those Winged People, it gives them the power to fly, break our homes, and steal out livestock. By taking the wings it provides for us to show our strength, to take back what's rightfully ours."
Stoick said with confidence.

Hiccup looked at his father with a knowing, "Why can't we make peace and leave them alone" look.

Stoick looked back at his 3-year-old son, and said, "Son, those people took many things from us, brothers, sisters, husbands, wives, children."

He said, "We do this in defense to protect our young." He said,

"And one day, you'll become chief and take the wings of those Dragon people." Stoick told him. "And I'll be Chief like you?" He asked.

Stoick smiled and nodded, "Yes and I'll be so proud."

Oh, that would be the journey of a lifetime.