𝚆𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚍

Hiccup trekked through the forest, thinking about what Gobber said about dragons. "A dragon will always go for the kill," He muttered to himself, then why didn't the Nigh fury kill him? The rider he could understand, it looked like they had been under the pressure of the dragon for so long it was just too much for them.

"So, why didn't you?" He asked himself, as he weighed the bola in his hands. He looked down and kept walking, till he entered a cove, he sighed as he surveyed its emptiness.

"Well, this was stupid." He muttered and was about to leave till he looked down, and saw it, shiny black dragon scales on the floor.

He picked it up and tilted his head confused. His moment of curiosity was short-lived, as the night fury swooped past him, but it fell back onto the ground.

He jumped back in shock, as the dragon then flew back down, Hiccup quickly tuck himself down and hid at the entrance of the cave.

Watching the dragon as it settled down, his eyes went back to the dragon, but laid eyes on a girl sitting on the rocks. She looked pretty, her (h/c) blowing through the wind as she leaned her head down, into her arms, with...black horns,..and... Oh, Great Odin's ghost...

'She's a rider.'  He thought and started to mindless sketch her out. Hiccup looked down and blushed. His sketch of her was so good. But he shook his head, this was his sworn enemy.

He couldn't think of her as anything else. But his enemy, but the girl looked so harmless. Then his eyes looked to the night fury, who desperately tried to fly off. This brought back Hiccup, who shook his head, as he made a sketch, only then he noticed the Night Fury was missing one of its tail fins. 

He looked at the dragon, who walked around the area. Hiccup tilted his head, "Why don't you just... fly away?" He asked silently, then his eyes followed his tail. Oh no, to Hiccup's horror the Night fury was missing its tail wing. He looked at his sketch of the Night Fury. He erased the fin on his drawing but he lost his balance and slipped but caught himself but not his pencil,  it clattered to the ground drawing the Rider and the Night Fury's attention. Both of them stared up at him in recognition.

۞۞۞۞۞۞

Rain poured down as the Viking teens sat in the Meade hall listening to Gobber's lecture, "Alright. Where did Astrid go wrong in the ring today?" He asked, "I mistimed my somersault dive. It was sloppy. It threw off my reverse tumble." Astrid quickly replied,

"Yeah, we noticed." Ruffnut said, but Snoutlout quickly tried to defend her, "No, no, you were great. That was so "Astrid"." He said

"She's right, you have to be tough on yourselves." Gobber said, the door opened to reveal a soaking wet Hiccup. Who took his plate and sat down, knowing what was going to happen, "Where did Hiccup go wrong?" Gobber asked, and then they rolled in faster than Meade from a barrel.

"Uh, he showed up?" Ruffnut started,

"He didn't get eaten." Tuffnut added,

"He's never where he should be." Astrid finished, god she just had to go in for the kill.

"Thank you, Astrid. You need to live and breathe this stuff." Gobber pulled a book a dragon symbol on the cover, then said "The Dragon Manual. Everything we know about every dragon we know of."

Thunder roared over head and Gobber sighed, no fun dragon slaying today. " No attacks tonight. Study up." He said and exited the hall.

The twins looked at the book and had so much to say in seconds, "Wait, you mean, read?" Tuffnut said, "While we're still alive?" His twin added on.

"Why read words when you can just kill the stuff the words tell you stuff about?" Snoutlout said already annoyed.

The only one excited was Fishlegs who was sitting across from the twins and started rambling. "Oh! I've read it like, seven times. There's this water dragon that sprays boiling water at your face. And--And there's this other one that buries itself for like a week—" He was silenced by Tuffnut, "Yeah, that sounds great. See, there was a chance I was going to read that..." He started, "...But, now..." Ruffnut added blinking sleepily.

Snoutlout was the first to get up, "You guys read, I'll go kill stuff." He said, the teens all started to join him, Fishlegs also got up and started rambling,

"Oh, and there's this other one that has these spines that look like trees..."

Hiccup got up as well, but made his way to Astrid, who was still sitting, maybe he could impress her.

"So I guess we'll share?"

"Read it."

She pushed the book to him and got up leaving him alone, she didn't even let him finish. He sighed and tried sending her off with a good note, "

All mine then. Wow, okay. So, I'll see you, uh..."

He was cut off with a door slam,

"...tomorrow."

He sighed, why did he bother? He already was hated by the people, he looked down at the book and sat down, his mind went back to the Rider and the Night fury, wasn't there a rider Manual? Something about them? He took a deep breath, and looked around, guess he could start to study the Night Fury? What about them? They must have something on them.

Thunder roared again.

Hiccup took a deep breath, and flipped open the book, and reading its contents.