Music

I have a new Bridgerton story out. Check out 'Dear Bess.'

Also, we're over 2K views so thanks everyone!

Dearest Reader,

The wedding of Colin Bridgerton and Marina Thompson may be closer than we expected. The rumours that they wish to marry sooner than later are true. Is this a result of true love or the insatiable lust of two young people?

Meanwhile, Cressida Cowper was spotted with Lord Twombley in Mayfair's trendy Prince's Café. Miss. Cowper is the debutante with the largest fortune so marrying her would certainly fill the Lord's pockets. Now that the former Daphne Bridgerton and Marina Thompson are off the market it seems that Miss. Cowper is ready to get her gloved claws in.

Lady Whistledown

Harriet could not believe she was about to see Vincento Bucchi perform at the palace.

She had dressed to impressed. There was no way that she would look anything less than perfect for such a magnificent composer in this setting. She'd studied his music since she knew that music was. Bucchi was a legendary composer. She could play all of his compositions blindfolded.

She was about to watch him play.

The carriage drew closer and Harriet felt her nerves increase tenfold. Such an event was one thousand times more nerve wrecking than any ball.

A valet opened the door for her and Harriet stepped out.

"Miss. Greyfair."

Prince Friedrich stood there, handsome as ever. Harriet immediately beamed when she saw him.

"Your Highness."

He kissed her hand.

"It is good to see you Miss. Greyfair, I am so glad you could make it tonight. You look enchanting."

"You are too kind."

"I would not say anything that wasn't true. Shall we?"

Harriet took Friedrich's arm and they headed inside the palace.

"Before we go in, there is something I'd like to ask you."

"Oh?" asked Harriet.

"This is not a proposal but a declaration of intent. If I were to ask you sometime in the near future, would I be welcome to ask? That is not to ask how you would answer but whether you would be receptive to the idea?"

"I would be very receptive of such a thing."

"Then we are at an understanding. I do not wish to push you any further on such a fine evening but I am glad that we are on the same page as you English say. I'm content to spend an evening with you."

"And I you. What are you most looking forward to hearing?"

"A Rose Garden. What about you?"

"I'm always partial to The Singing Bird. Oh wow, what a splendid room!"

Harriet had never been inside the non-ballroom parts of the palace but this was utterly spectacular. She assumed it to be some sort of entertaining room. The ornate walls and beautiful portraits watched them from above. Comfortable chairs were placed in a semi-circle around a stage. The piano was waiting to be played.

"I never ceased to be amazed myself. Ah, here comes my aunt."

Harriet braced herself as the Queen walked towards them. She had never really had much contact beyond her presentation a few months prior and that had only extended to an approving nod. The Queen was legendary for her acerbic tongue and obsession with perfection. She perhaps even outdid Lady Danbury. The two together would certainly make even the strongest man cry.