News

Over 78K! We're nearly on 80K too, I'm so honoured. Thank you.

Harriet bent over the bowl but nothing came out. She'd felt so nauseous in the morning ever since the wedding. Heck, she felt nauseous a lot of the day. Usually she felt better after having a drink but she'd felt rough the last few mornings.

Ugh. She was so tired of this.

"Nauseous again, Your Highness?" Mary the maid asked.

"Yes, but I shall be fine. Breakfast usually makes me feel better."

Friedrich greeted her happily as normal. Harriet did not feel the need to tell him about her sickness, for it was probably the same kind of stomach upset she'd had as a girl. She didn't even notice it half the time herself.

It was all going fine until Mary came over.

"Some ginger to help ease your stomach, ma'am."

"Stomach?" Friedrich asked.

"I have just let a little nauseous today, it is nothing."

"It might not be nothing."

"I am fine. I had a similar ailment as a child and it went away."

"It is not just today then?"

Harriet didn't answer, so Friedrich turned to Mary.

"How long has my wife been feeling unwell?"

Mary avoided Harriet's gaze.

"Since her brother's wedding, sir. It can be quite back in the mornings."

Harriet groaned internally. She knew what was next.

"I shall summon the doctor."

"There is no need."

"I will not have my wife in discomfort. Even if it's nothing, hopefully he can find a way to relieve your stomach. If it something then we can treat it. Perkins, please get a message to Dr. Watkins and ask him to come at his earliest convenience."

The footman nodded and headed out of the door.

"You worry too much."

"As is my job, dear," Friedrich patted Harriet's hand, "Eat what you can and we shall wait until the doctor arrives."

Oh the perils of a loving husband.

————————————
Dr. Watkins arrived later that morning. Harriet was laid up in bed with Friedrich by her side when a footman showed the doctor in.

"Your Highnesses," he bowed.

"Thank you for coming, Doctor," Friedrich stood up and took Watkins' hand.

"I should never expect royalty to wait. Now tell me Your Highness, what seems to be the problem?"

Despite Harriet being the patient, he was clearly talking to Friedrich.

"My wife has been feeling nauseated recently..." Friedrich's voice trailed off as to allow Harriet a chance at talking.

"Usually in the mornings, though it can sometimes last through the day. For the last few days, I have felt as though I am going to be sick but it never comes out."