McGregor's Girl

The press conference started well, no yelling, just light banter being thrown back and forth. A fan stands up to the mic asking a question for Conor.

"Conor, you've always praised your team for their work. Is there anything particular they do that helps you out?" Conor picks up his mic, sunglasses low. "Ah, my team is the best. My trainers work constantly into the late hours. Not to mention my great PR for always keeping my big mouth shut." Dustin picks up his mic with a snicker. "I thought she liked it wide open." I cover my mouth in shock at the words.

The crowd gasps at the comment. The comment is so out of character for the fighter. Conor looks over Dana at Dustin, "what the fuck was that? Disrespectful little bitch. A dog is what you'll be. I'll drag you out of that octagon by the throat!" Dustin stands up with confidence, "no more waiting, come on, let's go!" Conor stands and pounces but the guards and Dana separate them.

~

In the gym hours later Conor is still fuming over the event from hours prior. His trainer working him thin, but he just keeps proceeding. "You're going to wear yourself out. Equal training time is part of the schedule. You're supposed to be soaking in the shower right now." I yell over his loud music.

Conor stands from the ground, he walks to me taking a seat. "And where in that schedule does it say for us to have a little chat?" I shrug my shoulders, continuing my email. "(Y/n), there is something we need to discuss."

I shouldn't have done this to him. It's going to distract him from the fight. From everything, he's been working for. "You've got a lot going on." I stand packing up my laptop. Conor grabs my wrist. "(Y/n). Come on, Lassie. You of all people know what gets me through a fight." Conor leans in, whispering in my ear. "Being hungry, having something to fight for." Conor lets his wrapped hands trail down my sides landing on my hips. "I want to fight for you, (y/n)."

I gulp quickly, avoiding his eyes, "come by the room. We can talk."

Conor smiles with a nod. "Leave the door unlocked."

~

It was 3 am and I was still waiting for Conor to visit. After another hour I gave up on staying awake. I rolled over in the silk sheets and let sleep consume my mind.

Conor POV:
I open the conjoined door to (y/n)'s room. "Lassie, I'm sorry I took so long. I spent too long with the trainer." Her body doesn't even twitch as I speak.

I smile at her limp sleeping form. She's so beautiful. I draw her hair back from her cheeks, allowing a finger to trace over her soft skin. "(Y/n). Wake up, love." She stirs but doesn't wake. She grabs my hand on her cheek. "Stay."

I stare at her with a growing smile. "Stay?" She nods, a small grin plastered on her lips. "We can talk in the morning. Just stay tonight."

Without another word, I kick my shoes off and climb into the bed next to her. She scoots close, resting her head in my chest and tossing her leg over mine. I enclose her form in my arms, feeling at peace at this moment. The calming scent from her hair slowly lulls me to sleep.

~

I twitch as a light pressure glides over my jaw. I open my eyes seeing (y/n) on her side tracing my face. "I thought I was dreaming." She stops her movements as our eyes meet. "You're not the only one." She props herself on her arm, looking at the walls, avoiding my gaze. "(y/n)." I touch her hand softly. I wrap my hand around hers. "I'm sorry for the way I acted towards you in the gym." She smiles, her lips crowning the pearly whites her teeth shine. "I think we just need to talk." I lay back, huffing in frustration. "Now you know that's not my strong suit. I'm a fighter not a lover." She releases a small giggle as she hauls over my torso quickly. She straddles my center, holding my arms down. "Not a lover, huh?"