O12.5

The metal door of the rooftop suddenly burst open, making you startled. "Sorry, I'm here." Stated a familiar voice, making you turn in the direction. "Did you wait too long?" Kusuo asked, approaching you.

"Not much," you replied, your lips tugging upward into a smile.

He was holding a white paper bag. As the curious cat you are, you were wondering what was inside. "Here, I bought this for you." He lifted the bag and handed it to you.

'He's acting strange. Is he trying to be nice? I'm not used to it.' You mentally mumbled to yourself, making the pink-haired in front of you frown slightly.

Your eyes were too focused on the bag, trying to open it since the tape that was attached in there was too sticky.

"Ooh, and.. done!" You stuttered, wiping the invisible sweat on your forehead. As you opened the paper bag, your eyes widened at the sight of what was inside.

It was the manga you wanted to buy earlier.

"H-hey! What's this for? I— You didn't have to, y-you know?" You stated shyly, avoiding his gaze. You felt bad for him. You made him waste his money just because for your own good. So it made you think. 'I look selfish in other's point of view!' You screeched, freaking out.

Kusuo was annoyed at your expression, of course. Was he really that bad in your eyes? Was he really a selfish person who cares nothing about anything but coffee jelly, to you? If so, then you were underestimating him.

"[ surname ]." He called out. His voice was stern as he spoke your name.

"Y-yes?" You mumbled, glancing up at his eyes. "If I told you to jump right now, will you do it?" He questioned, leaning slightly on the railings.

You gulped at his question, for you didn't know how to answer. You were speechless and taken aback. When you're shocked or surprised, your mind usually goes blank. It's the best way than to jump to conclusions.

"Will you? Answer me when I'm asking you." His voice got stern and stern every time he spoke. He looked up at the sky red-ish, but his eyes remained on you.

"If I said yes, will you catch me?" You responded, asking back a question. You tiptoed as you lifted yourself up the railings just in case he tells you to commit suicide.

He let out a scoff, pinching the bridge of his nose. "You're such an idiot. I'm not telling you to jump, I'm just asking a question." He groaned, grabbing your waist to stop you from doing anything reckless.

"Huh? I thought you were threatening me." You shrieked under his touch, cheeks tinted red.

"No, what kind of an idiot would commit suicide just for someone to love them?" Kusuo frowned at your stupidness. You were way too down bad to his liking. You were a simp. The simpest of the simps. Only for him, though.

"I would!" You grinned, turning around to face him.

"Out of all the idiots I met, you're the most idiotic one." He bit his inner cheek, trying to stop himself from smiling.

But his plan failed when he heard you say something,

"Only for you."

There was a slight blush written on his face. He immediately covered half of his face using his right hand and used cryokinesis before you could notice it.

After a few moments of silence, you decided to strike a new conversation. "You didn't answer my question." You asked, referring to the one you stated earlier.

"Would I catch you? No, I won't." He responded a blunt reply. You giggled, looking at him as you mumbled, "as expected."