O18

You didn't know why four random people were hanging out in your house when you only invited Kusuo and Toritsuka over. You didn't mind it, though. They were fun to be with. Nendou, Kaido, Aren, and Teruhashi.

You recently got out of the hospital so it wouldn't hurt to party a little, would it?

The six of you were watching a horror movie, but it wasn't that scary at all. As the film gets tenser, a sudden knock can be heard from your front door. "I'll go get it," Aren stated, standing up from his seat only to be pulled back by Toritsuka.

"I will." The purple-haired replied. It was now his turn to stand up, but you pulled the spirit medium back. "This is my house, I can get it." You muttered, biting your inner cheek.

"I can come with you—"

"I'll come with her."

"Don't be stubborn, you two!"

"What if I come with [ name ] instead?"

"Stop arguing.."

"You heard Teruhashi! Stop arguing."

"Want to go get some ramen after this?"

"You seriously had your ramen like two minutes ago!"

"Excuse me," Kusuo spoke out, standing up from his position before making his way outside the living room. With that, he made his way to the front door and opened it, revealing a fine woman in her late 20s. "Greetings, Mrs. [ last name ]." Kusuo bowed before staring intensely at your mother.

The woman raised a brow, unbeknownst the name of the strange in front of her. "You are?" She questioned, crossing her arm. "Saiki Kusuo. The person who will be marrying [ name ]." He calmly proposed, causing the woman to raise a brow.

"Ah, that person who defended my daughter from that annoying hag, thanks." The woman had bright orange hair and eyes similar to yours. "Pleasure is all mine," Kusuo responded, observing the look on the woman's face. She seemed happy, let alone her thoughts crying from happiness.

'I trust this guy. I approve of him as my son-in-law.' Shaking off her thoughts, she decided to look at him. "Take care of my daughter, 'kay? She barely received enough affection. Well, she reminds me so much of her sister, that's why I can't look at her. Well.. Her older sister committed suicide because of me, I really don't know how to take care of a child." She explained, wiping the tear that was about to roll down her cheek.

"Why did you marry her father, then?" Kusuo questioned, skeptically looking at your mother. "Forced marriage. The contract says.. we have to bear two children, and the youngest has more potential than the eldest. It's quite unfair, right? I wanted to raise her sister and prove the contract wrong, but it only ended up killing her." She paused for a second, looking at the ground.

"I didn't want [ name ] to die that's why I tried pushing her away, but to no avail. She just wouldn't give up trying to impress me." The orange head added, fiddling with her finger, "I am proud, though. I just didn't show it in hopes she would give up."

The woman was starting to tear up while Kusuo just stood there, not knowing what to do. He knew you were near them as they spoke, and you heard the conversation they had. Loud and clear.

"Why don't you tell her this?" Kusuo frowned, crossing his arms. "I.. don't know, I-I.. I guess, I feel ashamed. I- She's- There's no chance she would f-forgive me." She sobbed, unable to form the right words.

After wiping her tears, she handed the pink-haired a neatly wrapped gift. "S-sorry for taking your time.  Please give this to [ name ]. I shall go now." With that, the woman left. Where could she be heading to? Kusuo didn't bother to question it.