Chapter 04

Despite Many Expectations And Disappointments

———

The coffee was soon ready. Evelyn turned around with the cup of coffee, set it down with a click, and spoke.

“Mr. Jones, you must be busy. You do not need to come so often.”

“Of course I’m busy, but I can’t change my mind when I see such a beautiful woman.”

Kevin shrugged, looking Evelyn up and down. She bit her lip, frustrated.

Ugh.

Evelyn pushed the cup of coffee towards Kevin in a somewhat nervous manner. Kevin reached out, which at first seemed like an attempt to grab the cup of coffee, but then he grabbed her hand.

Goosebumps spread down her spine, and Evelyn pulled her hand away.

“What are you…! ”

“Why are you being so sensitive? I only touched your hand.”

Kevin shook his head and laughed. That didn’t seem to be enough for him, as he began to speak.

“More importantly, Ms. Martinez, isn’t it difficult to raise a child alone?”

Evelyn barely held back a sigh.

“Are you not tired? Don’t think you can fool my eyes with your bluff.”

Instead of answering his questions, Evelyn glanced at the clock. Only thirty minutes had passed. It would be awhile before she picked up Bianca, and Kevin obviously had no intentions of leaving.

“Bibi is such a pretty child, and it would be really nice if she had a father…” Kevin deliberately trailed off, taking a glance at Evelyn’s face. An unpleasant smile spread across his lips.

“And I am confident that I can raise Bibi like my own daughter.”

“I don’t need it.”

“Ms. Martinise. If you keep insisting like that, you’ll eventually have nothing left.” Kevin spoke as if he knew everything.

As he was about to continue, the bell on the door rang as someone entered.

“Welcome!”

Relieved, Evelyn hurriedly stood up to greet the customer.
Narrowing his eyes, Kevin clicked his tongue.

Well, no rush. Isn’t it just a single mother raising a child by herself?

Although she was prideful now as she rejected him, he was sure that she would soon miss the presence of a man. Kevin drank the remaining coffee in one gulp and then grinned broadly.

Annette was a small town in the western region of the empire.

The town was so small it would only take an hour to tour its busiest streets. In addition, there was only one place in town that could be called a “hotel.”

Dantel Hotel.

“Yes, we finished the last check in the morning,” the tense employees nodded their heads and said.