Chapter 11

Apologize To My Lover

———

My lover.

At those words, both Kevin and Evelyn were shocked. Only Islay had a calm expression.

"Did you say lo, lover?"

It was so surprising that even the terrified Kevin cried out in a daze. At the question, Islay drove the nail into the coffin.

"As I already said, Evelyn Martinise is my lover."

"What does that mea-"

"It seems as though you think that the fact that she could be my lover is impossible."

"No, no, not at all!"

Kevin quickly shook his head at the words that poured out like a knife, but he couldn't shake off the shock that he felt upon hearing those words.

Wasn't Evelyn Martinise just a single mother?

How could she be the Duke of Neidhart's lover?

'He called me his lover.'

On the other hand, Evelyn didn't know what to do. Though she wanted to deny their relationship after coming to her senses, she then realized it wasn't the best time to say that. And it seemed that Islay had changed a lot in seven years.

Any traces of the warm, sunny man from the last time she had seen him were long gone. Instead, a man with a sharp aura and eyes like blades was staring at Kevin.

"So."

Islay's dark eyes glared at Kevin as if he wanted to tear him apart immediately.

"Are you not going to apologize?"

Kevin clenched his teeth.

Why did he have to apologize?

To a single mother who was raising a child from an unknown father?

But Islay had on a face that said his words were final.

Damn!

Kevin squeezed his eyes shut. He got up from his spot, falling on his knees before Evelyn and murmuring.

"I am sorry, Ms. Martinise..."

"You think that's enough for an apology?"

Islay interrupted, speaking in a soft voice. Kevin stammered, his eyes wide open.

"Th-then..."

"You should lower your head while apologizing, of course."