110

At this point, it was 2 hours into a non-disclosed amount of time journey. It's not like you knew where you were. For the first hour you were balling your eyes out, so you couldn't even read the direction you were travelling in. Now you were completely and utterly lost.

The auxilary manager driving you wasn't very helpful, though you didn't even try to spark up a conversation with him to begin with. As if it was second nature, he was just focused on going from A to B like a normal day at work. This however was far from normal for you. Maybe normal isn't a good frame of reference for someone who's travelled back in time ten years, but you didn't really have anything else to base it off of.

Every now and then, the auxilary manager would pull to the side of the road. With a quick "Please excuse me," he'd nod to you in the rear view window before momentarily stepping out. It was odd the first few times he did this, but you were able to piece it all together fairly quickly. It seems the higher-ups were particularly concerned about the trip, so they were having the auxilary manager check in at each half-hour interval to make sure everything was secure.

As usual, the check-in passed and the auxilary manager got back in the car. Then you drove for another 30 minutes before he got out and checked in - and rinse and repeat. You were starting to wonder if you'd ever arrive at the destination. You were nearly about to pass out from exhaustion before a gut-wrenching feeling overcame you.

Everything still proceeded normally, the auxilary manager pulling over to step out of the car to do his half-hourly check in. But he was taking a bit too long for your liking. You couldn't help but look out the window... was he ok? Maybe this was the last stop and something needed to be done before you could be let out of the car? You mind was swarmed some possibilities as you sat alone for a bit.

Though you couldn't say you were alone for much longer. Remember that bad feeling you had? It materialized into something else. But this 'new form' was more ambiguous; you were having a difficult time determining whether it was friend or foe.

You placed the palm of your hand on the window as you stared at your reflection. As your gaze focused, you found you were met with some company... cold, blue eyes staring back at you.

Was this some sort of hallucination? You didn't feel like you were in the right state of mind to tell, so you tried backing away. Nevertheless there wasn't much opportunity to distance yourself in the back seat of the car as your back eventually made its way to back against something - no, someone.

Rough, gritty hands covered your mouth. Why was... why was he here?!?

"A curse-user gets the upper hand on you and holds you hostage... what do you do, Y/n-chan~?"

His breathy words brushed your ear as his hands traced down to your jawline. With his red string scraping your skin, the boy took his time to savour the moment alone with you.

You were too afraid to really respond. What did he expect - for you to give in to him and pretend nothing happened? That ghosting you for 4 days, running away and stealing an artefact was normal behaviour? How could you not try to struggle out of his grasp with all those questions unanswered?

And so you struggled. So much so you actually broke free out of his hold - much to your own surprise! Though by the time you were able to turn to face him, his features were unreadable. It almost made you feel as if you were the one who did something wrong. But just as you opened your mouth to finally address the boy, everything was fading to black. Did he... did he tap your forehead?

"Sa... sato..."

You fell limp in his arms.

•~•