Hibiki | Chpt 36

...oop

btw, I don't really include hagakure in these things, no offense to people who like her, shes just kind of boring to write about tbh

Enjoy~

Kirishima's POV

"God," I said, flopping back on my bed. Bakugo stood at the center of the room with his arms crossed. "Tonight was amazing, that felt natural right? Just the three of us? And it didn't even take that long to figure out."

"Mmhmm," he hummed. I could tell that he enjoyed tonight with (y/n), but he had a sour look on his face--beyond his usual scowl. I let out a huff as I sat myself up, scooting to the edge of my bed.

"What's up?"

"Tch--" he scoffed, staring at my desk. I deadpanned, knowing that he was being difficult despite wanting my assistance.

"Bakugo, what's on your mind?"

"Something doesn't feel right," he muttered, gritting his teeth.

"What?"

"I don't know, something with Scarface," he snapped at me and I half frowned, standing up and approaching his side.

"Maybe...it's just paranoia?" I suggested, placing a hand on his shoulder. "You know that you tend to think things are too good to be true."

"No. It's not," he said. He brushed my hand off, starting to genuinely pace around the room. I watched him pass back and forth a few times before letting out a gentle sigh.

"I believe you," I replied. "Got to trust your gut. What do you want to do?"

Bakugo looked to me with a scowl that softened slightly. He shrugged and I could see him swallow, assuming that his throat was tight. The fact made my stomach squeeze tightly, figuring that he really had a bad feeling. This evening had been so nice. As much as I appreciated (y/n) coming along and treating this like a scheme that Bakugo was in on as my partner, I really did feel grateful to be out with Bakugo. I was really happy to see that (y/n) and Bakugo had good chemistry too, so I wasn't a buffer between them or forcing them to be a part of something only I wanted. It just seemed mutual and I felt the warmth of that fact.

"Want to go see where (y/n) is?"

"She's probably with the girls or whatever," he said, shaking his head.

"Come on, we'll check with Mina. They're not going to be mean," I insisted. I grasped his forearm and he followed along side me, a slight pinkness on his face. We made our way to Mina's room first, knocking.

"Come in!" she called. I opened the door and Bakugo lingered behind me, not really wanting to be a part of this. "Oh, hey bestie."

"Hey Mina," I said, glancing around at Uraraka, Tsu, and Momo. "Hey."

"What's up?"

"You seen (y/n)? Is she in her room?" I asked.

"Ahh, she lost a bracelet so her and Jirou went to go get it from the restaurant," Mina said. "You could probably catch her in the common room when they get back. If you...two want to talk to her."

Mina tilted her head to look around me at Bakugo. Bakugo glared at her and I just thanked Mina, shutting the door on them. I heard slight giggles but just pulled Bakugo along towards the common room. This felt like the hunt we had done when Toga was imperonating (y/n). We exited the elevator, and I stopped Bakugo at the entrance to the common room. Our footsteps stopped and he looked at me, confused.

"Wh--"

"I hear people."

"So?"

"Shh--" I hissed, taking a look around. Bakugo shoved my head down so he could look as well. Jirou and (y/n) were there, the both of them accompanied by Aizawa sensei and a rather tall boy I had never seen before. I suppressed a grunt as Bakugo leaned on me, furrowing my eyebrows. I felt my heart start to race, tuning into the conversation between the 4. I didn't appreciate the look the guy was giving (y/n), especially since the look on her face was striking at my heart strings. She looked tired and annoyed, an anger brewing beneath her surface. Just the way she was standing so defensively seemed like she wasn't herself.